Anyone else having difficulty with certain keysSupport

Last Updated:

1. waynemb55

waynemb55 New Member This Topic's Starter

For some reason my hero has some difficulty with certain areas of the screen when pressing on those areas in keyboard mode. When in vertical keyboard mode the l, p and backspace keys take multiple presses to get the letter to enter. I do not know if this is something to do with the capacitative touch screen or is perhaps a defect in the device. Has anyone else had this issue?

Advertisement
  2. bananachunks

bananachunks Member

The only time I've had something like this happen to me (on my Galaxy), is after I put a myTouch privacy screen protector on my phone. It was extremely thick, and made typing on my Galaxy next to impossible, especially with the keys on the edges of the screen (and the protector). More than likely not the same problem you're having, but I thought I'd throw that out there.

3. pr0n

pr0n Member

I was having this same exact issue. I would run the screen keyboard calibration program. It helped so much. I believe its under settings > locale text > touch input.

4. gclaus

gclaus Member

I've noticed that the edge of the screen isn't as response to touch and the center is.

5. nathanotis

nathanotis Well-Known Member

Has anyone found a way (or an app) to calibrate the keyboard in the landscape view? It's apparent that the calibration done in portrait only benefits the keys in portrait mode (or so it seems to me).

6. ingram.brian

ingram.brian New Member

I'm noticing the same thing, but as of yet have not found a fix.

Seems to me though, it responds to slightly different touch.
    For instance, tapping the space bar with the "softer", center of my finger makes it responds every time. If i try to tap with the edge or side of my finger, it takes several attempts. While all the buttons only one row up are responsive to any touch, though accuracy could be better with larger keys.
    This leads me to think this is more of a hardware issue than software.