Anyone else having Google Voice issues lately?Support

Last Updated:

1. gavin77

gavin77 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I don't know if there are just way more people using it now that its free, or if it has to do with froyo, but Google voice is almost useless for my wife and I anymore. If I push the icon, it sometimes takes forever just to get to my messages. When I get to my messages, same thing, I'll click on a message, and nothing, then 30 seconds later it finally goes to the text. I clicked on my voicemail which had already been transcribed, and no noise at all when I push play. Funny thing is my wife isn't on froyo, and hers is even worse and takes longer due to the slower processor in her phone. So is anyone else experiencing this, or is it just us? Worked perfect for me before Froyo, and I have done complete factory resets already........help please......thanks.....

Advertisement
  2. jwm1986

jwm1986 Well-Known Member

Mine works decently. Only issue I have is if your message is longer than the screen timeout, the message will stop playing when the screen goes off! I haven't paid much attention but I could swear it's just stopped playing on it's own a time or two as well, even if I keep the screen "alive!"

3. gavin77

gavin77 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well I just figured since I only got one reply that my situation was isolated. So I uninstalled and re-installed GVoice, and it seems to be working a little better now.....here's hoping....

4. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

They released an update about 2 weeks ago that makes gVoice lag insanely on some ROM/Kernals.

You can either wait it out, or find an older version online to download, which is what I did. :)