• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyone else having screen wake-up issues?

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this problem and hope you either get it resolved or get a replacement. However, it should be noted that it does not seem to be a problem noted by others.

If you try to charge the phone what happens? Have you left it charging for a while then tried it? Have you tried a Master Reset just in case there was some related setting inadvertently set?

The fact that reseating the battery solves the problem temporarily makes it sound as though if it is a hardware problem it might be heat related, some connection opening or something when the temperature rises.

Upvote 0
Coming from a perfect D1 experience its definitely disheartening to see this issue day 1. I took a video of it to provide to verizon in case I can't replicate it in store. They did say they will replace it for another brand new phone I just haven't had a chance.

I did do a reset. I don't see how it could be temperature related because everything but the screen comes back ok. Also, the phone can be sitting on the desk or anywhere else and it happens at times I can only describe as random.

Crossing my fingers a new phone resolves this issue.

Edit: I had the issue initially when the phone was at 30%, replicated while plugged in and at 100% battery as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones