Anyone else having touch screen sensitivity issues?

Last Updated:

1. waingro

waingro Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone. I love my EVO but it has a few quirks that are driving me nuts. The main one being the touch screen's sensitivity. Maybe I have a defective unit but I'm so used to my ipod touch's screen being really responsive and fluid. With my EVO, it's a bit choppy and when I try to scroll down a page I end up accidentally tapping on a link or an app. It's quite frustrating.
    Is anyone else having touch screen issues? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. wase4711

wase4711 Well-Known Member

nope, works perfectly..

when you scroll up or down, just touch the screen lightly; you are obviously pressing too hard..

make sure its clean, obviously...

3. kenttz

kenttz Member

I have messed around with 2 Evo's and they both have that same feel to me that you are experiencing. I am sure with the froyo update it will speed everything up and it wont be as noticeable. Also there was a thread about that here, you might want to read that since it has more info.

4. yourmomplusme

yourmomplusme Member

I did for like 5 seconds.....then I just touched it lighter....

5. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned

Yea I have had some issues too. A few times I just picked up the phone and all of a sudden I see its dialing someone or the camera is on yadda yadda. It is a bit over sensitive IMO.

6. waingro

Thanks for the replies everyone. I've tried touching it lighter, with and without a screen protector and I'm always keeping the screen clean and smudge-free but I still get the accidental tapping and laggy screen motion.

So Froyo is supposed to resolve these issues too?

7. cmanbrazil

cmanbrazil Well-Known Member

Hey, it is a real skill. I thought the touch lighter comment was sarcastic, until I really did it and and it works well. If you scroll with your finger a little to the side you will not press as hard, and the screen is really responsive. I used it with emails, app page, phone book, and it worked well with all of them.

So touch lighter with your finger on it side and you can flick scroll. It is real nice actually.

8. Sketchr

Sketchr VIP Member VIP Member

There was a slight learning curve with the sensitivity. But I'm good now...

9. waingro

Hmm, I guess I'm just not there yet with the learning curve. Thanks guys.

10. MisterEd

MisterEd Well-Known Member

Same thing is happening to me. Apps just start from the vibration when someone even just farts near the phone. I wonder if the Bodyguards screen protector has something to do with it. Do you have a screen protector on yours?

11. waingro

I do have a screen protector on but I was having this problem even before I applied it. I'm using the Seidio one.

12. adseguy

adseguy Well-Known Member

There is a pretty big delay on the multitouch screen. A lot of reviewers thought it was something wrong with the phone or processor, but it's just the display lag. Go download this app called "Multi touch VIS Test" and you'll see what I mean. Check out the video here for a comparison on the Incredible and you'll see our display lags. Froyo 2.2 won't fix this because the speed implementation works in apps and works on certain things only. It's not too bad, but it's the worst problem with the phone I have. Battery is starting to be ok because I can finally put her down for more then an hour haha

13. waingro

Thanks for the info. This screen issue is about the only thing wrong with the phone, everything else I absolutely love. It's breaking my heart =/

So can anything be done to fix it? Would a future patch resolve it?

14. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned

I have a Zagg on mine. The Incredible I had would scroll on its own sometime. I would have it on my desk and I would look over and the home screen would be going back and forth on its own. Others on the Forum had the same issues with the Incredible as well. It seems HTC has software issues it needs to address on both handsets.

15. adseguy

adseguy Well-Known Member

A future patch could resolve it, but I'm not sure where lies the problem. Could be hardware, but hopefully it's just a driver optimization. I really don't know. For playing games it's going to be a deal breaker though.