• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone else having touch screen sensitivity issues?

waingro

Lurker
May 31, 2010
Hello everyone. I love my EVO but it has a few quirks that are driving me nuts. The main one being the touch screen's sensitivity. Maybe I have a defective unit but I'm so used to my ipod touch's screen being really responsive and fluid. With my EVO, it's a bit choppy and when I try to scroll down a page I end up accidentally tapping on a link or an app. It's quite frustrating.
Is anyone else having touch screen issues? Thanks.

I have messed around with 2 Evo's and they both have that same feel to me that you are experiencing. I am sure with the froyo update it will speed everything up and it wont be as noticeable. Also there was a thread about that here, you might want to read that since it has more info.

Yea I have had some issues too. A few times I just picked up the phone and all of a sudden I see its dialing someone or the camera is on yadda yadda. It is a bit over sensitive IMO.

Upvote 0
Hey, it is a real skill. I thought the touch lighter comment was sarcastic, until I really did it and and it works well. If you scroll with your finger a little to the side you will not press as hard, and the screen is really responsive. I used it with emails, app page, phone book, and it worked well with all of them.

So touch lighter with your finger on it side and you can flick scroll. It is real nice actually.

Upvote 0
Yea I have had some issues too. A few times I just picked up the phone and all of a sudden I see its dialing someone or the camera is on yadda yadda. It is a bit over sensitive IMO.
Same thing is happening to me. Apps just start from the vibration when someone even just farts near the phone. I wonder if the Bodyguards screen protector has something to do with it. Do you have a screen protector on yours?

Upvote 0
Same thing is happening to me. Apps just start from the vibration when someone even just farts near the phone. I wonder if the Bodyguards screen protector has something to do with it. Do you have a screen protector on yours?

I do have a screen protector on but I was having this problem even before I applied it. I'm using the Seidio one.

Upvote 0
There is a pretty big delay on the multitouch screen. A lot of reviewers thought it was something wrong with the phone or processor, but it's just the display lag. Go download this app called "Multi touch VIS Test" and you'll see what I mean. Check out the video here for a comparison on the Incredible and you'll see our display lags. Froyo 2.2 won't fix this because the speed implementation works in apps and works on certain things only. It's not too bad, but it's the worst problem with the phone I have. Battery is starting to be ok because I can finally put her down for more then an hour haha

Upvote 0
There is a pretty big delay on the multitouch screen. A lot of reviewers thought it was something wrong with the phone or processor, but it's just the display lag. Go download this app called "Multi touch VIS Test" and you'll see what I mean. Check out the video here for a comparison on the Incredible and you'll see our display lags. Froyo 2.2 won't fix this because the speed implementation works in apps and works on certain things only. It's not too bad, but it's the worst problem with the phone I have. Battery is starting to be ok because I can finally put her down for more then an hour haha

Thanks for the info. This screen issue is about the only thing wrong with the phone, everything else I absolutely love. It's breaking my heart =/

So can anything be done to fix it? Would a future patch resolve it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones