• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone else having trouble with Sprint's EVO rebates?

KAuss

Jun 18, 2010
So as some of you know we have 5 EVOs in the family, and the first 3 were purchased with pre orders. So now it's about a month and a half and Sprint has replied back multiple times about denying the rebates that were sent in because they "can't read the numbers."

It's complete BS cause the person that filled out the rebates for us was the manager at the Sprint store.

Not only that, but we've also re-sent / faxed copies as well, all of which returns the same stupid excuse.

The customer service numbers they keep giving to people who have these issues are all automated and believe it or not one of them is even showing that their automated lines are CLOSED!!! Uh... WTH?

Anywho, you guys having the same issues? I'm gonna storm into Sprint and run amok up in there and just rip a new one or a couple of new ones if they don't get this fizzixed with the quickness!!!

I bought through BB for this reason.

About 3 it 4 year ago I didn't get rebates on 2 phones. By time I called rebate center, they said it was to late to attempt to reclaim. So, I figured I could get a new phone whenever. About 8 months later, my wife's phone kept messing up, we didn't have insurance, so I sent her to get a new one (i was out of town).

Sprint gave my wife a hard time at the store. I called up Sprint and told them I was cancelling by 3 line contract. I was quickly transferred.to retention where they credited my account the $200 and sent me 3 phones of my choice.

I know that doesn't help you, but maybe it is an option if things don't work out.

Upvote 0
I bought through BB for this reason.

About 3 it 4 year ago I didn't get rebates on 2 phones. By time I called rebate center, they said it was to late to attempt to reclaim. So, I figured I could get a new phone whenever. About 8 months later, my wife's phone kept messing up, we didn't have insurance, so I sent her to get a new one (i was out of town).

Sprint gave my wife a hard time at the store. I called up Sprint and told them I was cancelling by 3 line contract. I was quickly transferred.to retention where they credited my account the $200 and sent me 3 phones of my choice.

I know that doesn't help you, but maybe it is an option if things don't work out.
co-sign on the buying from Bestbuy or other retailers other than Sprint... Sprint gave me the run around on my rebate for a treo755, a call to retentions solved the problem, but from that point on I decided to NEVER deal with Sprint's M-I-R program ever again...

Upvote 0
Not sure why it would take a couple of weeks for the mail to get the check to me, but here is my rebate screen...mailed to Sprint around 6/12...and I have also never had any problem with a Sprint Rebate...probably received 15-20 over the last 6-7 years.

Tracking Results: Status Detail

step_4.jpg

Offer: $100.00 Check Date Received: 06-20-2010 Status Detail: Your rebate is approved and a check has been issued. You should expect to receive your check on or before the date listed below. Thank you Rebate Check #: 27579184 Expected Delivery Date: 08-15-2010

Upvote 0
I had three rebates pending and watched their status online regularly. One day I discovered all three rebates were declined. I called Sprint and was told all rebate submissions are automatically declined because they don't know if the customer is going to keep their new phones beyond the 30 day trial period. After 30 days the rebates are reinstated and the process starts over again.

I've been going through this B.S. with Sprint every two years (dread that it could be every year now that they invented "Sprint Premier") and really thought this was the year I would sprint away from these bastards. But the EVO sucked me back to the Sprint vortex.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones