Anyone else itching to flash ROMs on there Photon

Last Updated:

1. busted bones

busted bones Well-Known Member

Im am eagerly awaiting the release of both MIUI and CM7 for the Photon. I have some experience playing with MIUI but want to give CM7 a shot since almost everyone I know raves about it.

A question for those who have tried both, which did you prefer and why?

Advertisement
  2. John Kotches

John Kotches Active Member

Yes... I was a long time CM user on my evo. I'm looking forward to getting an OC kernel running as well.

I do think the radios work very well so far, except for bluetooth which seems finicky at best.
  3. busted bones

So I was about to try the Alien ROM out for the MoPho through CWM. However I needed to install a recovery, when I went to install a recovery though they didnt list the MoPho. Closest was the Atrix so I passed on it and will now wait until the have a recovery for the MoPho but does anyone else know this issue and if there is a recovery?
  4. John Kotches

John Kotches Active Member

There is a cwm based recovery for the photon, but you need to unlock the bootloader which currently breaks 4g.
  5. jayfitt

jayfitt Member

I'd love to have a stock Photon ROM with gingerbread colors. The blue notification bar and the use of cyan throughout is ugly.
  6. KB1616

KB1616 Well-Known Member

There is CWM recovery for MoPho..via addictivetips. I have used the Alien Rom. At the time, the 4G didn't work after, so I flashed back to stock. There is an update where the 4G operates, but I just wasn't a big fan. I may switch to CM7 when available.
    busted bones likes this.
  7. busted bones

Im definitely going to wait it out for CM7.
  8. Flipper

Flipper Guest

... to try out all the various enhancements that the developers may bring. With everything I've ever owned, if there's a way to improve it by modding it, I've tried it (my cars, computer hardware AND software, etc.). But these days, being married with a family, I can't take the time to learn HOW to tinker in depth with Android so I'm relying on the subject matter experts to do their thing and enjoy the fruits of their labor when they release their products.

Since I got my first Android phone, I've enjoyed seeing what various ROMs and kernels do to improve the phone's performance. Starting with the Hero, Moment (piece of cr*p by the way), and to the EVO, I've flashed multitudes of ROMs and kernels before eventually settling on one that's my daily driver. And I plan to continue that trend with the MoPho.