Anyone else nervous?

Last Updated:

1. Hughett

Hughett Member This Topic's Starter

That has to call and order? I'm able to upgrade only because Verizon is running the special upgrade for those contracts ending in 2010.

I've called numerous times over the last few days, and its a 50/50 split with these reps. Half say YES you can upgrade no problem, just call back at midnight. The other half says they have no knowledge of this promo. I even had to read the internal Verizon document to one Rep. How scary is that?

What are you all doing that are in my same situation?

Advertisement
  2. Exiled

Exiled Well-Known Member

Yes I am nervous as well. I've called every store in the area and spoken to many different reps in the stores. They all have a different story. All I know is, I have to get up pretty early and drive about an hour, plus I will be missing half of an important day at work, so I'm gonna be pissed if this doesn't work out.

3. Hughett

Yea I'm going to call at midnight. If it dosent work out tonight, I'm screwed, I work 6-3 tomorrow.

4. kennyyu

kennyyu Well-Known Member

Kinda since i gotta buy full retail Most stores told me theres no problem buying full retail but if they refuse imma be pretty mad since thursdays my only day off

5. nicallen63

nicallen63 Well-Known Member

Im in the same boat. I work 6-1, might try to get off early or maybe run down to Verizon on my lunch. Hopefully they havent sold out by then.

6. slay65

slay65 Active Member

While no one knows for sure I don't think they are going to sell out tomorrow. There may be a few stores that sell out but if you live in an area with multiple stores I would think one will have it in stock come the end of the day.

This is not an i-phone launch with all those crazy apple fans. For reasons I do not fully understand people like buying the same crippled phone year after year.

I hope Motorola has sufficient supply for everyone who wants one. I have seen the phone a few times and it certainly "wowed" me when I saw it. Looking forward to tomorrow.

7. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

I am nervous but only for a bit longer, than I will be playing with my phone.

8. Araldo

Araldo Well-Known Member

LOL nervous about a phone. Life must be great only worrying about the droid x.

9. kennyyu

kennyyu Well-Known Member

HAHA that is truee... Happy i dont got much to worry about right now, tho i should be worrying about my future

10. Araldo

Araldo Well-Known Member

Eh im just jealous. I have to wait till I close on my house before I get a phone.:D

11. dookie1

dookie1 Well-Known Member

closing on a house in detroit?

you've got more than the closing and the phone to worry about, my friend...

12. Araldo

Araldo Well-Known Member

I live in the suburbs. I could buy 10 houses in Detroit

13. Kaleb Randleaxe

Kaleb Randleaxe Well-Known Member

I'm not really nervous, but I'm a "worst case scenario" kind of guy. I've got an 8am appointment (opening) with my favorite sales person at my favorite store, but I can't help but imagine scenarios in which I mess something up or something goes wrong (alarm clock not going off, my appointment not being granted, the people waiting in line getting pissed that I'm served first... etc).

14. Hughett

I have to call to get one.... hope the lines aren't jammed up.

15. dookie1

dookie1 Well-Known Member

ooooh! northville?