anyone else notice a low signal?Support

Last Updated:

1. dvigue

dvigue Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I got the new fascinate today. I love it. Got rid of my bold.....but my bold go so much better bars...I had like 4 to full with my bold in town......with my fascinate I only get 2 and at work I get only one...this is my only gripe with this phone...I can see it sucking the battery bad. How could I turn off 3g while I'm at work? Any ideas? I hope with software my signal will improve...

Advertisement
  2. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

Don't look at bars, look at Menu, About, Status. Look at signal strength in -dBm.

3. dvigue

I did...goes from 91 to 101....

4. IzelTokatl

IzelTokatl Well-Known Member

You can always update "roaming" on verizon:

Dial * 2-2-8.
    Press your call/send button to make the call.

Your screen will say "Programming in Process" and you will a women's recorded voice prompting you to chose option 1 (programming) or option 2 (update roaming).

Option 1 is used to program/reprogram the phone, usually when activating for the first time or you have made any major [provisioning] changes on your account.

Option 2 is used to update your roaming capabilities, which is basically a download that enables better roaming coverage and therefore better reception.

You will receive confirmation messages as the process goes on.
    Once the programming or roaming update is done, the phone should reset itself (turn off and turn on).

Do this in the area you use your phone the most, as it updates based on regions.

selvikin likes this.
  5. dvigue

great info there! i did it today and it seems to have givin me one mroe bar. but i am always lowe (db wise) then my wifes bold. faulty phone??

6. orangemt246

orangemt246 New Member

As I am reading this, my signal goes anywhere between 2 and 4 bars, just sitting on my sofa. My previous phones always had full bars. My status goes from -86dBm to -91dBm to -101dBm and back. I am watching it now as I type, even after the *228 option 2. A bug, or a recurring problem with anyone else?

7. dvigue

yeah same here..goes from 1 to 3 then back, and same with the Dbm. i really am thinking this might be a bug...

anyone?

8. Don S

Don S Well-Known Member

Me too. Way less bars. Call quality and reception are fine so far though, but it's early ...

9. fegriffith

fegriffith Well-Known Member

Same thing here. My wifi signal is also very weak. I can be sitting in the room right next to the router and still don't have full signal showing.