Anyone else noticed how much love the Evo is getting?General

Last Updated:

1. gavin77

gavin77 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sendo already has the innocase ready on launch day, and every color. What's the deal with that, I guess our incredibles just aren't good enough for them.

Advertisement
  2. Mskgreenel

Mskgreenel Well-Known Member

The EVO & it's specs were announced way before it's launch. The Inc was like a unicorn. VZW didn't officailly say a word prior to it's release.

TheGoatLantern likes this.
  3. Reaver

Reaver Well-Known Member

They may be getting accessory love but they are having problems of their own.
    1) The SD card read errors prompted an OTA fix. The fix breaks the root. So the EVO only has root if you don't do the OTA to fix the SD.
    2) Sprints activation server crashed b/c so many people tried to activate today. So, the activation isn't a long term problem but it goes to show that there will always be some sort of issue with every phone launched.
    3) and this thread (thanks to Rushmore) gives a great compare on how the DInc is better than the EVO. http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/91022-grass-always-greener-inc-evo.html

That being said..... I love my DInc with or without a case!

4. Hawkmech

Hawkmech Active Member

Wonder if they will run out in 24 hours and go on backorder like the Inc or did Sprint do a better job of building inventory ahead of the release?

5. Camslam

Camslam Well-Known Member

Don't you love how childish and immature the owners of Incredibles, Droids, EVO's, Iphones are?

I mean none of them can be happy with the stupid phone they have, they have to continue making sure to "bash" any other phone that isn't theirs.

I find it hilarious.

As a former Verizon customer who passed on the Incredible to wait for the EVO, I'm excited about my phone, but I also realize it is just a phone, it won't solve every problem I have or fill me with endless joy. And for those that have the Incredible, Iphone, or any other phone that they like and works for them. Congrats!

I just don't get the level of energy and animosity that is expended on bashing other phones that people don't have. Hilarious to say the least.

Get a grip folks. (This is a general statement for any and all that insist on pointing out the flaws of all other phones compared to theirs)

6. septro

septro Well-Known Member

You know what's more childish than phone-fanboys? People who bitch about phone-fanboys. Even worse? People who bitch about bitches who complain about phone fanboys..

Its the Internet dude - it doesn't grow up.

DroidRocker, jeezuz, htcbwb and 6 others like this.
  7. craigrn16

craigrn16 Well-Known Member

I'm happy the Evo is getting this attention. All that means is more attention to Android as a whole which means more apps and developer support. Which in the end is good for us Incredible owners.

Sek0n likes this.
  8. dragonhead08

dragonhead08 Active Member

I love what the evo can do. If it were available on verizon I would have waited for it. But the inc does pretty much everything I want minus the larger screen. Battery issues though are even worse then ours. Unfortunately battery tech just isn't up to snuff to power that beast.

dragonsamus likes this.
  9. Ovy

Ovy Well-Known Member

Evo is just launching, so there's good reason to be excited about it right now, rather than the Inc. furthermore, since it has a TFT screen instead of AMOLED, it'll be in much stronger supply than the Inc, and so more sales are to be had. And third, Sprint hardly has any special phones. let them throw a party if they want.

10. mrjinglesusa

mrjinglesusa Well-Known Member

Meh, I'll stick with my Incredible. I don't need/want to carry around a small computer. Seriously, there comes a point when a phone screen is TOO big.

11. jasonb1985

jasonb1985 Well-Known Member

yup, i can confirm that sprint was having trouble today. i work at a radio shack and we were having trouble all day activating evo's and other phones and we were having trouble setting up peoples accounts. sprints system was a mess today. we sold out of all our evo's and so did the rest of the radio shacks in our area.

i guess it's doing well. i'm not against the Evo. i'll keep my Inc, but the more android phones and android attention we get the better. :)

12. professorjay

professorjay Well-Known Member

It doesn't hurt to try to keep it at a minimum around here.

13. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

I don't know I'm happy for Android in general any phone with it is a win win situation. I'm OK with the slow turn out of accessories for the Inc...they'll come in due time.

I did however, just see an EVO in the flesh tonight at BestBuy....that thing is huge!! I'm sure you would get used to it though. I'm really happy I got the Inc it's the perfect size and resolution imo.

14. jasonb1985

jasonb1985 Well-Known Member

the bigger screen comes in handy for the portrait keyboard. it really is much easier to use. but i'll keep my Inc.

15. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

I'm sure it is for touch typists. I use Swype so it doesn't really matter. Actually, I can Swype with one hand easier (not faster) on my Eris in portrait because it is so small. But the Eris lags some. The inc is blazing fast but I hold with one hand while Swyping with pointy finger of other hand :)

16. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

Well put. Regretting passing on the Inc apparently.

17. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Not to mention the HD2 has been out for months and very similar form factor ;)

18. gavin77

gavin77 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ya I totally agree about the more Android phones the better for us, and I think the Evo is a terrific phone, I'm just surprised to see such overwhelming early support compared to our Incredibles. I also think it is such a shame that there has been such a huge shortage of Incredibes, as Verizon obviously could have advertised the phone better and sold so many more. Which would have meant way more developer, third party support, etc., etc......oh well, atleast we have a great phone on the best network, oh and each other.....lol......peace.......