• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyone else noticed this about the bars on the phone?

A.Nonymous

Extreme Android User
Jun 7, 2010
I've been screwing around with the phone doing some testing and I'm kind of coming to the conclusion that the bars on the phone really have nothing to do with the signal strength. I've found that when I have 5 bars I can talk on the phone with no issues at all and the 3G runs at top speed. I've also found that when I have 1 bar or sometimes no bars, I can still make calls with no issues although 3G runs slower. I've never actually dropped a call on the phone even though I've tried (covering the phone with both hands to try to block the antenna, etc....).

I've got to the point where I just ignore the bars altogether. On my old phone, if I had no bars or one bar, I could bet money the call was going to drop. This doesn't happen on the DInc at all. Has anyone else had this experience where the bars are meaningless?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones