Anyone else order a evo and still have not got it?

Last Updated:

1. hawkijustin

hawkijustin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I went to best buy on 6/7 to get a evo but shocking to me they were sold out lol. The lady told me i would have to put $50 down and they will order it and call me when they get more shipped in. I figure ok ill do that and get it maybe thursday of friday so not bad. I sit here today and still no phone so i call best buy and ask when they think they will get more phones in and he tells me "oh it could be this week or could be next week, we will call you" WTF man i know this is a killer phone but i figured sprint wouldnt mess up the launch like verizon did with the incredible (verizon says that phone is on a month backorder)!!!

I live down the block from a sprint store but i dont want to deal with the mail in rebate because sprint has f***ed me before on it.

Should i wait it out or roll the dice with sprints mail in rebate?

BTW this is my first post so hello everyone and i promise my posts after wont be such pissy rants.

Advertisement
  2. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

LOL, we understand, you want an Evo. And welcome.

Sprint store guy in Charleston said they were getting new phones in every other day now.

3. skritch

skritch Member

I ordered mine this past Friday (6/11) at RS. They told me it would be next Friday (6/18) at the earliest.

4. hawkijustin

I feel your pain. The wait is the worst.

5. laredo7mm

laredo7mm Well-Known Member

I have never had an issue with getting the Sprint mail in rebate. Ask the person at the store to fill it out for you, and politely let them know that you will hold them responsible if the rebate is denied.

6. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

It's back on the sprint website so I guess they are cranking these things out fast!

7. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Cranking them out fast, and still without the correct graphics drivers. I.E., they're still producing crippled and semi-broken phones, for reasons unknown. HTC never got the right drivers from Qualcom because they decided to be cheap and try to push the phone out first. Now it's coming back to bite HTC in the ass, royally. I say, if this ins't fixed before the iPhone 4 comes out, I can guarantee that HTC is gonna lost at least of the sales it made, if not more than that.

8. laredo7mm

laredo7mm Well-Known Member

You lost me on that one.

9. hawkijustin

Examples?

I thought about getting the iphone4 but i cant deal with that crippled network. That kind of stuff cant be fixed with a simple update like drivers can.

Caloy likes this.
  10. Evol

Evol New Member

I went ahead and ordered mine on the Sprint website Thursday morning (it sold out by noon) and it was delivered Friday morning. I still haven't gotten a call from the Sprint store where I was on a wait list since Monday the the 7th.

11. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

Very good point!

12. tx_brandon

tx_brandon Well-Known Member

Id hold off on ordering until this screen adhesive problem gets resolved and a firmware update is released to fix a few software issues.

13. leaddog

leaddog Well-Known Member

You might want to check sprint.com online on a daily or 1/2 daily basis. I have seen the phone in stock, become sold out and then return to stock a few days later. It is currently out of stock.

14. thaboyz

thaboyz Well-Known Member