Anyone else switch from one phone to Droid and have probs with SD card?

Last Updated:

1. smittythepig

smittythepig Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just received a brand new Droid from Verizon to replace my latest refurb Eris because of all the call problems i've had. I figured I could just swap the 8gb SD card I was using in my Eris (because it's a class 6) and put it in my Droid. But when I went to the gallery it started acting really strange. It seems it's having trouble loading all the images, and it's been kind of jumping around and behaving erratically. Is there anything I need to do to my card?

Advertisement
  2. smittythepig

well, it seems to finally have figured itself out and stabilized. strange.

3. smittythepig

still working, but for some reason none of the pics i take with the Droid are in the gallery. only the ones that i took with the Eris. i am starting to think that the Moto chose to link the gallery app with the photos in the picture folder that was set up on my Eris. but that when i started taking new shots with the Droid, it created a separate folder which is now invisible to the gallery. looks like i'm going to have to remove the faster 8gb card, put in the 16gb card, take some photos, then transfer the photos from the 8gb card onto the 16gb card so they are all in the same place. hoping that works.

4. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

The Droid card reader won't transfer at speeds faster than class 2 anyway.

5. smittythepig

really? i wonder if the Eris does. there's a thread a mile long over there that convinced a bunch of people to go to class 6.

6. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

It's possible. The Nexus One and Incredible can both take advantage of a class 6. HTC probably uses different hardware to Motorola.