Anyone else thinks it sucks that the other USA Galaxy S phones don't have a front Camera??

Last Updated:

1. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When I put my self in the shoes of those who are looking to get one of the other ones, I can only imagine how I might feel... (Not sure really how i would feel).

Gotta say I am glad that the Epic has it though :D

Advertisement
  2. laredo7mm

laredo7mm Well-Known Member

I would trade the front facing camera for a physical keyboard deletion. :)

3. pooginowski

pooginowski Active Member

I really have no intentions of using it, But I'd rather have the option then not having it at all.

4. koolhand79

koolhand79 Well-Known Member

I could care less that the other carriers opted to not have one, since i will be getting the Epic which does have it

5. HardKore

HardKore Active Member

I agree...I would give the front facing camera up for the deletion of the physical keyboard : (

6. bdforte69

bdforte69 Well-Known Member

ABSOLUTELY AGREE! What a waste. At only a couple of millimeters, I suppose we can literally never use it. I just find sliders so annoying and antiquated.

7. crow11ad

crow11ad Well-Known Member

No I think it's great....Thank you Spring and Samsung...to other carriers...sorry about that....:)

8. laredo7mm

Yeah, unfortunately the slide out keyboard adds 43% more thickness than the non-slide out phones. 14.2mm as opposed to 9.9 on the regular Galaxy S. But i do like the addition of the LED flash. Almost makes it worth it to have the extra thickness.

It is turning out to be a hard decision for me between this phone, the EVO, or just wait until the next best phone that comes out. My old Blackberry curve is chugging along with no issues, so I will wait if I have to.

Leaving Sprint is not an option, especially when you factor in the 23% employer discount I get.

9. cds0699

cds0699 Well-Known Member

You guys, there's a lot of people (myself being one of them) that like/want a physical keyboard. Thats prob why Sprints version included it, for those people that want it. They already have the EVO that doesn't have it.

10. laredo7mm

I understand that people want a physical keyboard, but the EVO, imo, does not compare to the Galaxy S specs....30 fps cap, 10 fps hd video recording, poor gaming performace, etc. are all included in the EVO.

The EVO is still an option for me, if they fix the 30 fps issue.

11. SebastianX

SebastianX Well-Known Member

This argument is pretty hilarious, the Epic 4G (with keyboard) is 0.06" thicker than an Evo. So I guess you'll opt out of buying an Epic over the Evo just to save yourself the .6 mm difference? That's roughly like taking two dollar bills stacking them on top of each other there that's the difference, now if we're comparing the thickness to another non-keyboard Galaxy S then maybe it's worth something to talk about, but comparing it to an Evo? Are you insane? Not to mention the Epic 4G will feel better in the hand because it's not as wide and bulky.

12. laredo7mm

I don't know who you are directing that to, but I will reply, but only address your incorrect math.

0.06 inches = 1.5mm which is equal to about 14 dollar bills.

Get your math straight before you start calling people out.

13. cds0699

cds0699 Well-Known Member

Math sucks.

14. bdforte69

bdforte69 Well-Known Member

For me the EVO is no longer a viable option at all.

In my opinion, the EVO is one of, if not, the most over-rated mobile devices of all time. I am not saying this as an iPhone fanboy, which I am not. I am saying this as someone who has now owned THREE EVOs! I bought the first one on launch day and have had nothing short of a nightmare of a time with problems and waiting for exchanges. I finally decided that enough was enough. Three defective devices was it for me.

The reason that there are none available anywhere is not because it's such a hot item that they can't keep them in stock. The real reason is they are busy fixing all of the inventory before they send out any more lemons. Don't be fooled by EVO fanboys that are so brain-washed they can't see straight. The EVO has issues, LOTS of issues. Unfortunately, it is no iPhone killer, I wish it was.

So for me, Sprint is where I'm staying. That means the next viable option is the EPIC. After that... who knows. It will probably be 2011 before the 1.5GHZ processors drop.

15. cary328is

cary328is Well-Known Member

It's only a matter of months before this becomes reality:

Samsung Galaxy S2 rumors begin – Android and Me

And not to mention Intel wanting to get back into the mobile cpu market with their moorestown cpu. Arm might actually get some competition next year.

16. carmendiva

carmendiva Well-Known Member

LOL TELL IT :)

that is true.
    Coming from a former Evo owner as well , i believe it is extremely hyped up

17. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

LOL>>>>I love my EVO! One of the best devices I've owned. However, I'm a Phone whore, and I'm gettin this EPIC to add to my ever growing phone collection....

18. carmendiva

Hmmm....
    Last year I started out with A Samsung Omnia, had a lapse in judgement and got a samsung alias 2(the keyboard gimmick got me), Blackberry Storm, a Droid, and a Droid eris

At the start of the year I got a Palm pre plus, a brief love affair with an incredible, jump ship and got a hero while waiting for an Evo and then jumped ship and now with a Droid awaiting the X

My god...I have problems

lol we should start a phone whore support group...i think i'd be madame president lol

19. ConceptVBS

ConceptVBS Well-Known Member

^ You can be MY president any time. :) OH EM GEE.

20. carmendiva

lol funny :D

21. ub3r-l33ch

ub3r-l33ch Well-Known Member

Umm, why not just get the Galaxy S? Same phone, no physical keyboard.

22. Stoney62

Stoney62 Well-Known Member

They heard us saying if the EVO doesn't come with a Physical Keyboard we won't buy it.

23. laredo7mm

Umm, reading is fundamental:

If Sprint offers the Galaxy S then, I will get it, otherwise, my statement stands.

24. rasstar

rasstar Well-Known Member

You still have the option to type on glass so why complain? I for one will be getting this phone because it has a physical keyboard. On screen keypads take up so much screen space and sucks for instant chatting.

Eazail70x7 likes this.
  25. rasstar

rasstar Well-Known Member

hardware keys antiquated? lol Software keys were around before hardware keypads came around and then the industry was switching to hardware keys but then Apple decided to go with software keys. Just to show how Apple set trends and the rest follow.