anyone else try qik yet?Support

Last Updated: 2011-06-22 09:18:41
  1. SDscorch

SDscorch Well-Known Member

i did

i qik'd with a friend in europe --- its a little buggy - seems like the other end's video was always a minute or so behind

we started several sessions

one time the sound was too quiet - another time there was a bad echo

still a little way before its ready for "prime time" - doesn't seem quite as polished

but its a cool idea

again.. the biggest issue was the other side's vid was like a minute behind mine

mine was in sync w/ the audio (ie - in real time)

and, to be fair, the other side wasn't equipped with a front-facing-camera

not sure if that had anything to do with it

anyway, just wanted to see if anybody else had experimented with it - and what their experiences were...

Advertisement
  2. lucas.childers

lucas.childers Well-Known Member

I got this phone 3 days ago and I can agree. Qik sucks. Me and my dad were over the same WiFi (18 down, 3 up) and it forced closed every time we called each other. I'm going to try using Tango, and I'll let you know how it is.
  3. lennonish

lennonish Member

I tested it out with a person sitting right across from me. Our own videos were both in real time to us, which makes sense since it's not being sent across a network. But the video of the other person was lagging. My Sensation lagged maybe a second behind, his MTG4 lagged about 3 seconds. Not nearly as bad as a minute but not easy for phone calls.
  4. pantlesspenguin

pantlesspenguin Well-Known Member

I haven't tried it on the Sensation yet, but Yahoo Messenger's video chat worked very well on my MT4G.
    SDscorch likes this.
  5. SDscorch

SDscorch Well-Known Member

hmmmm! will have to try that!
  6. carmendiva

carmendiva Well-Known Member

I don't own a sensation(just lurking lol)
    but qik never worked well with my mytouch.
    i hated it

Tango is your best bet
    SDscorch and Randall@Tango like this.