• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone else upgrading in Novemeber??

I debated about upgrading, my NE2 was first available 9/11/10 (did a 1 year so I could go month to month faster), but I really don't see a phone that I must absolutely have. So what I did was cancel my insurance on my phone to save a bit of money. The way I figure if I break my phone somehow I'll just use the NE2 to upgrade to something nice.

Upvote 0
I think it's this one. It looks like a 4.3" Nexus One (that's a good thing!)

New, 4.3'' HTC Superphone for Verizon Spotted - Softpedia

Also, while Verizon may say there is a $25 fee to do the annual upgrade at the 2-year contract price, I have never actually had it applied. They just waive it for me :)

This is the one that, right now, I plan to upgrade to. Partly because I'm ready for some hardware upgrades, and partly because of performance issues such as homescreen *lag*, which never stays away for very long even after having flashed a fresh ROM.

And since Motorola will not play ball with our FABULOUS developers ;) , I'm hoping that HTC will continue to be *root-friendly*. I don't want to get stuck with bloat-ware and no way to remove it.

Most of all, I have to have the assurance that what I upgrade to will be targeted by our developers for exploit discovery and root & ROM development. I probably won't do anything until I see evidence that Fab, Pete, Chevy, JRummy, CVPS, and the good people at CyanogenMod are working on the device I want to upgrade to.

Upvote 0
I will be upgrading to the new iPhone on Verizon on the LTE network. ;)

Honestly an organization I am with has partnered with Verizon to distribute 900 android phones and six months of free service in November to the attendees of our conference. I hope it is a Droid X but the supply is still limited so I don't know what it will be but I suspect I will likely upgrade to whatever I am given for no charge. Still hope it is A Droid X.

By the way, I need a phone the least. I am all about the data/screen size.

Upvote 0

Honestly an organization I am with has partnered with Verizon to distribute 900 android phones and six months of free service in November to the attendees of our conference. I hope it is a Droid X but the supply is still limited so I don't know what it will be but I suspect I will likely upgrade to whatever I am given for no charge. Still hope it is A Droid X.

I'm an Apple guy, and I would do an iPhone as well, except that I'm concerned about battery life and not being able to switch batteries (iPhone batteries are sealed). This is a deal killer for me.

My other concerns are that my email has been Gmail for quite some time, and the Gmail integration with Android is awesome... much like having a Blackberry. I'm afraid that I would lose this with an iPhone.

My last concern is that I have several paid apps that I don't want to lose, and for these reasons, I will probably upgrade to the HTC superphone that is due out after the first of the year. ;)

Upvote 0
Anybody know when the new iphone will be released in verizon? Perhaps, when 4g is up and running...hopefully in Richmond when it all happens. I REALLY FRKN miss Itunes w/ my phone. bottom line. I think in reality...they have better apps. Think about it, things revolve more around *tunes more than *droid......in evryway.

Don't take it personally, w/ this question. I think it will be a little bit easier all around to w/ multi-media instead of finding apps to adapt.
Yes i know Adroid has "surpassed" right now. I'm well aware..of it all. I love my droid, but, tired of adapting alot of different things for the droid to "work".

-thoughts-:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

It's funny, I'm supposed to attend that conference but I seem to have misplaced all the details. Care to fill me in?

Upvote 0
Back when I first switched to the Droid I was thinking if the iPhone comes to VZW I would switch to it but after having the Droid for almost a year I've grown to really like Android.

As for what I'm going to switch to, I actually went into the VZW store and they told me I wasn't eligible for an upgrade until July of 2011 so...Apparently I have to wait.

Upvote 0
I keep seeing all of these new phones come out, but there's always something that I don't like about them.

Incredible - HTC, horrible battery life, broken Bluetooth
Droid X - Locked bootloader, too big, no physical keyboard, Moto ninjaBLUR
Droid 2 - Locked bootloader, Moto ninjaBLUR
Fascinate - Loaded with Bing, no notification LED

Then I look back at my D1 and realize how much I still love this phone. Unless something completely groundbreaking comes out soon, I'm sticking with it. Sure, some of those issues listed above could be fixed by rooting, but many are inherent design issues that cause me alarm. As far as I'm concerned, the Droid 1 is still the epitome of Verizon Android phones. I don't feel the least bit outdated.

Upvote 0
i'm up for upgrade in November too (like most of you)...but i just rooted my D1...and have fallen in love with my phone again!!

if that new HTC is the size (or near the size of the DX)...i wont come near it...my wife has the Dx (she loves it)...but its too big for me. i feel like i would break it in my pocket...

but i am planning on keeping my D1 until something really catches my eye...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones