• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone else waiting for Passion?

My main issue with the Passion is that I have never tried an HTC touchscreen phone's onscreen keyboard. Are they normally good or bad?

I had an Eris and thought the virtual keyboards were very well done.

While I would like to have the HTC keyboards on the Droid I have now, I don't find the stock Android 2.0 keyboard to be bad at all. Just not as nice as HTC's.

Upvote 0
I have begun to relax finally and just not so much get target fixation(which I did have about this passion) on the name any more but let myself go for what has the Snapdragon,size 4.3 I hope but I know some state 3.7, and other internal FM transmitter,would love to have AM too, and external options making it the top dog out at the time.Not that I have to have the biggest and best but what really will make me not want to take it back and exchange for another so soon and is functional.

I forgot the optical trackpad. I like that the trackball phones (like the BB's) are moving this way. Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with the track ball if that's the way the Passion goes, but it would be pretty nice to have something that won't collect lint and stick. A lot of perks in this phone. Damn. Can't wait for it to show up on VZW.

Upvote 0
Hi i am new to this crazy forum but following very closely! I have a Droid, but thinking of returning it the 3rd time to wait for the Passion, don't know what to do yet. But anywayz thought I'd tell you all that while google-ing the HTC Passion for any news info e-bay had some HTC Passion car chargers listed to buy. Is that a coincidence or it means there is a release soon. One of the listings even said "Verizon HTC Passion" car charger. Whats your take

Upvote 0
Hi i am new to this crazy forum but following very closely! I have a Droid, but thinking of returning it the 3rd time to wait for the Passion, don't know what to do yet. But anywayz thought I'd tell you all that while google-ing the HTC Passion for any news info e-bay had some HTC Passion car chargers listed to buy. Is that a coincidence or it means there is a release soon. One of the listings even said "Verizon HTC Passion" car charger. Whats your take

Read nothing into it. Back in August, I was on the Omnia II trail and there were "Verizon Omnia II accessories" listed on ebay before anyone had seen anything about this phone. If you don't know, the CDMA Omnia II isn't the same shape as the GSM/Int'l version, and guess what. Those cases were for the GSM version, basically because someone assumed it would look the same. Something as generic as a charger could be someone assuming the Passion will have a mini or micro USB port, and making assumptions it'll take a standard charger that would work in any HTC phone with the same connector. If someone had a hard shell or skin protector that was form fitted and unique, then one might suspect something.

Upvote 0
All of the rumors that I have read are saying anywhere from Black Friday to mid December. I think it's going to hit mid December but I think it's going to be more expensive then the Droid. $249.99 or $299.99 with a two year deal. More news should leak out this week or next. At least I hope.

Clear on the Eris with that price. Either way I will enjoy my first SP!

Upvote 0
I bit the bullet and got the Eris today. I'm hoping SOMETHING DOES happen before January 23. I've messed around with a little bit and like it so far.. except the battery life. The sucker is drained already :eek:

Has the phone received the recent firmware update? I heard someone say the cpu idles more often (as it should) with the recent update resulting in longer battery life.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones