Anyone else with EQ problems with original music player?Support

Last Updated:

1. Shantra

Shantra Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 25, 2010

My problem is that I have set a custom EQ setting (user defined), and it works great for the first song. When the the next song starts to play, the EQ resets, and I have to go to settings and press "Save" for it to be activated again (don't have to edit any EQ settings). Pretty frustrating..

Until I, Samsung, or anyone else can help me with fixing this, I have to use Astro Player Beta (not as good sounding, but the EQ works, at least).

I actually like the sound of the original music player, and its EQ. Not too harch, and the bands are OK to adjust to my liking. Starting at 125hz is of cource bad (80hz should be a minimum), but it's still the best sounding player I have heard so far (with an EQ). PS, I haven't heard the Audio Player withEQ Platinum because it cost money...

BTW, is it only my phone, or is the sound level pretty loud for a mobile phone (or a modern MP3-player, for that sake)? I'm pretty sure that with the included earphones (plugs), the sound level is quite above the EU legal level :) Not complaining, AT ALL! I normally have to use an external (HIGH POWER) portable amplifier to reach my prefered sound level. With this phone (with the standard plugs shuved tightly up in to my ears), I only have to use the next (or the one below) highest level, not needing the heavy and big amplifier :) The control is also great. Even at max volume, the bass has low distorition. One warning though, if using the Astro Player Beta; There is no clipping control.. meaning, if you turn up the bass to much, the music easely get digital distiortion. So, instead of turning the bass up a lot, you must must turn down the higher frequensys (some bass may be added, though). My settings is adjusted so that most of the higher frequensys are way below middle. For those who care...(?)

Thanks for any feedback or solution :)