• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyone else?

JaRN99

Android Enthusiast
Jul 30, 2010
So.....when closing out of certain apps (like Hanging With Friends) or when it seems like the system is working a little harder on my phone I end up getting the white "HTC" screen....then it seems like everything on the home pages has to reload. While things are reloading I scroll over to the page with the "messaging" widget & then I get a pop-up saying something about HTC Sense stopped & force closing....then the white "HTC" screen again. Then once everything reloads again it'll be fine until either taxing the system our backing out of a certain app again. Anyone else experience this?

So.....when closing out of certain apps (like Hanging With Friends) or when it seems like the system is working a little harder on my phone I end up getting the white "HTC" screen....then it seems like everything on the home pages has to reload.

Not exactly, but I experience the occasional slowdown and rebooting the phone solves it. I need to reboot about once a week. I used to get an occasional crash in "sense", but since switching to Go Launcher EX I haven't seen it. I recommend getting an app so you can view running processes, such as Advanced Task Killer. You may be surprised at how many 3rd party apps autostart. I uninstalled quite a few to lighten the load. I find moderate task killing helps too. Some processes re-spawn though and that can't be prevented (unless you root the phone). Also have a look at Fast Reboot Pro. I find it improves responsiveness, but sometimes only a real reboot will sort things out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones