Anyone else?Support

Last Updated:

1. Solo

Solo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone else slightly annoyed by how many clicks it takes to call a contact? I noticed today I was kind of in a rush and it was annoying because my moment already sorta has this delay as well.

Advertisement
  2. kiddk1

kiddk1 Well-Known Member

yes I am, I miss the speed dial on my HTC Touch where you can just press and hold a number and it dials it.

3. ragingbull2k2

ragingbull2k2 Well-Known Member

make a folder with your favorites on your homescreen... problem solved :)

Joey

4. Solo

Solo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I did lol i still have to open the folder -> click the contact -> then choose text or dial.

5. ragingbull2k2

ragingbull2k2 Well-Known Member

not sure how else you could get a proper speed dial to work on a phone with pretty much no hard keys... there might even be an app on the market, but still 3 clicks to dial someone doesn't seem that big a deal to me...

Joey

6. heathershipp

heathershipp Well-Known Member

I just have my husband's icon on my home screen... I click on his pic and click call... That's just 2 clicks lol... A bit better than 3....

7. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Hell, it's not THAT big of a deal, is it? 4 is more than 1-2, yes, but it's still a fairly minute number. It's alright based on my usage.

8. Podar

Podar Active Member

:confused::confused:Well....I was pondering this. Let's see.. on my new Moment to make a call....(quickest I've figured anyway):
    1 press end call button to light up screen
    2 press menu to unlock(only if I don't have a security pattern set)
    3 open Acontacts - autoset to open to favs
    4 press and hold who I want to call.(preset through settings) or
    4 hold speed dial # preset

On my Blackberry Curve.......
    1 click on preset speed dial button...and it calls for me. Imagine that.

I have 10 days left on my 30 days before I can return the moment. The gadgets /games and touch screen are cool...but it's a pain in the rear to make a call when driving...very distracting/ dangerous. And WHY do I have a wireless phone? maybe to make a phone call......what a silly idea.
    In MHO the Moment isn't a phone with gadgets...It's a gadget that has a phone as an afterthought...great for those who want something cool...but not practical for those who are looking for a good phone. Maybe just a sign of the times.

REMEMBER....this is just my opinion....everybody's got one.

Podar

9. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

As mentioned, you could make a home screen shortcut. If you need to search for a contact, slide the keyboard, press the call button once, press the search key and type in a letter or three. There are a number of speed dial apps in the market, I haven't tried any of them so no recommendation here. Unless you're one of the 1% "super multitaskers" (aka fighter pilots) out there, you shouldn't be dialing or using your phone while driving no matter how easy it is. Those of us that have to share the road and want to get home alive and undamaged appreciate it.

10. flu13

flu13 Well-Known Member

There's Nuance.

:D

11. kiddk1

kiddk1 Well-Known Member

I just wish that the end button would not turn off the screen every time I pressed it, sometimes when ending a call the screen goes dark, I have to hit end again, menu, to get back into the phone