• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyone else?

JaRN99

Android Enthusiast
Jul 30, 2010
Since getting my replacement Rezound & updating to ICS I've had an intermittent problem & was wondering if anyone else has experienced it. At random times various shortcuts on the screen won't work. For example I have the Facebook app on my main screen...when I press on it to open it nothing happens. It's like it's not even registering that I'm pressing on it but other shortcuts on the main screen work fine. And if I open up all apps I can press on & open Facebook just fine. Has happened at random times with different shortcuts.

Since getting my replacement Rezound & updating to ICS I've had an intermittent problem & was wondering if anyone else has experienced it. At random times various shortcuts on the screen won't work. For example I have the Facebook app on my main screen...when I press on it to open it nothing happens. It's like it's not even registering that I'm pressing on it but other shortcuts on the main screen work fine. And if I open up all apps I can press on & open Facebook just fine. Has happened at random times with different shortcuts.

Since the apps are still installed I think something may have happened during the update process that caused the shortcut links to lose their connection to the apps.
Try deleting the shortcuts that are having problems and re-add them to your home screen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones