Anyone else's auto-rotate screen not reliable?Support

Last Updated:

1. SpunkyXL

SpunkyXL Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Whenever I unlock my phone, most of the time the screen goes sideways when i'm not even facing it horizontal..and I have to keep shaking the phone to get it correct

Advertisement
  2. ahpook

ahpook Member

I've been having some auto rotate issues as well.

Seems too sensitive (lock into horizontal with certain apps) or there's a serious lag to get it back to vertical since update. It's annoyed me a few times too.

3. milnivlek

milnivlek Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've been having problems too since the Froyo update. I guess the way I hold my phone tends to cause it to rotate to landscape mode even though I actually want it in portrait mode. But it wasn't an issue prior to Froyo for some reason. For now, I've disabled the auto-rotate function entirely on my phone.

4. bezerk19

bezerk19 Well-Known Member

Are you using Launcher Pro and Widget locker? I'm having the same behavior and i'm trying to figure out if this is related to these two apps.

Thanks

5. pfs01373

pfs01373 Member

I am having the same problems and running both Launcher Pro Plus and Widget Locker, Ill try turning those off and see if it improves at all

6. SpunkyXL

SpunkyXL Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

lol ya..I actually am using both

7. tommy_ed

tommy_ed Well-Known Member

I'm not using either and i've been having the same problems since 2.2 update... also a bunch of lag in the keyboard!

8. AHanks12

AHanks12 Well-Known Member

I made mention of this issue in another thread a week or so ago......i hate having to shake the phone to get it to recognize which way I'm holding it. Something I've noticed is that often times which ever way I was holding the phone the last time I used an application is how it will re-open. For example: if I was using Handcent in landscape and I close the app, it will re-open in landscape the next time I use it.

9. smile44

smile44 Well-Known Member

I had this problem for weeks and finally I ended up doing a factory reset, pretty much entirely for this problem. I didn't have any other problems and I hated to go through the trouble for one little problem. It has helped a great deal and wasn't as traumatizing as I thought it would be lol. I did notice that if I left gmail for example, with the screen horizontal, it would be horizontal when I went back to it. I notice that to a very slight degree still, but it's much better than it was.

10. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

I agree, it turns when I don't want it to, then I have to like shake it to get it back to the normal view. I just leave it off. I never use landscape anyway. isn't for me.

11. williamcmoran

williamcmoran Active Member

mine does this as well. i did a factory reset and it still continues to do this. i use widget locker and Launcher pro so i dont know if these things are related like the other mentioned. would love if this was fixed. i never use landscape except for typing but would prefer to not have to disable this option.

12. AndroidRider

AndroidRider Well-Known Member

Mine was doing it as well, I recalibrated the rotation today and it seems to work better now.

Set it on a level surface and Got to Settings > Display > G-sensor calibration > Calibrate, hope that helps some people.