Anyone else's BT headset auto-redial sometimes when they turn it on?

Last Updated:

1. Krugger

Krugger Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sometimes (every 5th time or so) when I turn on my Plantronics Voyager 510 BT headset my Droid will auto redial when it connects to the headset. I used to think I was accidentally holding down the redial button on the headset but I tested it this morning by putting both down on the table and it happened...
    anyone else, or is it just me? :confused:

Advertisement
    johnnybirdman likes this.
  2. mplevy

mplevy Well-Known Member

Same headset, same problem. Sometimes does it when disconnecting the headset also.

3. Krugger

so i'm not crazy. that's good to hear. :D
    at least now i know it's likely headset specific... thanks!

4. gtp4820

gtp4820 Member

same problem here, only i have the voyager 520. guess its a plantronics thing

5. Shadowtech

Shadowtech Well-Known Member

I have a motorola BT, pretty basic model, but it works. Every great now n then after having it unpaid while charging it might go a little crazy and not pair correctly and does all kinds of weird things.

BT on android definitely appears to need some work.. especially the handsfree dialing from headset.

6. Krugger

interesting. def looking like a plantronics thing. I wonder if it happens with them on any other phones too.

i've begun to turn the BT headset on first, then turn bluetooth on the Droid. we'll see if that makes any difference.

7. gtp4820

gtp4820 Member

same here... i turn on my headset first then activate bluetooth on my phone.

btw i never had this problem on my blackberry curve, seems to be droid (or android os) related

8. Krugger

9. gtp4820

gtp4820 Member

interesting find there. i wonder if we are holding down the power on button too long when we turn on the headset causing it to turn on then automatically redial?

either way, turning on the headset then activating bluetooth on the phone solves the problem so its not too big a deal. just kinda annoying.

10. Krugger

i dont know. good question i guess. for me it always does the redial a few seconds after it turns on, exactly after the headset connects with the phone.

11. PetiePal

PetiePal Well-Known Member

This happened to me last night when powering off my Discovery 970. I usually keep BT off unless I'm actively losing it. You can always disable BT before powering off and that should work ok.

12. CegAbq

CegAbq Well-Known Member

I haven't had this problem (Jabra BT 8010), but I was noticing in its manual there is a specific set of instructions for what to do if it causes an automatic redial like you are describing. So maybe it's not just a Plantronics issue.

13. mplevy

mplevy Well-Known Member

I think last call redial on the Voyager 510 is performed by holding the call answer/end button. Tapping the power button while it's on mutes the mic on the headset.

14. Krugger

really? now that is interesting. mind sharing what Jabra says to do (I know it won't be the same but I'd be curious to see).
    I'll check the Plantronics manual if I can find it

15. johnnybirdman

johnnybirdman Well-Known Member

I have the same exact headset and the same complaint. I thought it was just me.
    J.