Anyone elses evo acting funny?

Last Updated:

1. Jebus Christ

Jebus Christ Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I think my evo is starting to lose itself. It's been doing some weird stuff lately. Not showing icons/images on website unless I deleted the cache/history/restart the phone. I also lost pinch to zoom until I restarted the phone. It has done the icon thing twice. A couple of minutes ago, it restarted itself.

I'm concerned but so far it's not enough to justify a trip to the store. I would return it and get another one but the store would charge me $35.

Advertisement
  2. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

Task Manager?

3. raqball

raqball Well-Known Member

Mine does not act funny, but it does tell me jokes...

4. LisaFitz

LisaFitz Well-Known Member

Yes since the update my stock htc internet has basically stopped loading pages completely, thank god for dolphin which only confirms something isn't right because it works fine

5. njbianco

njbianco Well-Known Member

something that might help is restarting your phone every day

6. Twistax

Twistax Well-Known Member

Ive had a few quirks here and there... the phone will lag out once in a while, even if nothing is running ;p... but it gets over it and back to norm pretty fast.

7. Kelita

Kelita Well-Known Member

I was trying to share a YouTube video to Facebook earlier and the phone just froze and screen went blank. Tried it again, same thing. :( It worked before the update. I would love to be able to take this update off.

8. lillygirl7

lillygirl7 Well-Known Member

Mine has been terrible all day since I did the update! I have had to reboot it 3 times today and I haven't EVER had to reboot before. I tried to do a google search and when I tapped enter or search it wouldn't do anything. Then when I was typing an email I tapped on the back arrow delete button 1x, but it erased an entire 2 lines. Then I het the space key in the same email and it spaced through a whole line. This kept repeating over and over so I had to reboot. FRUSTRATED. UGH I loved this freaking phone.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

9. alansauce

alansauce Well-Known Member

lol i was thinking of the samething

10. lillygirl7

lillygirl7 Well-Known Member

I was going to add that I have been on the phone with Sprint for over an hour now and talked to 5 people so far. I wish I never did the update! It worked so beautifully before.

11. iamtybaby

iamtybaby Banned

Yupp... mines been doing all kinds ov crazy Shit!! Especially in the messages app...Idk what's going on man

12. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

Hard Reset

13. flexte

flexte Well-Known Member

just happened to me no pinch to zoom until a reset

14. IAmSixNine

IAmSixNine Well-Known Member

I have had my screen not recongnize touch a few times since the update, or it will show the touch lower then where i actually touched the screen. When this happens i have to shut the device off and turn it back on. So far that has been a quick fix but i think i am up to 3 times now since the software update, and zero times before.

15. dgrobe2112

dgrobe2112 Well-Known Member Contributor

mine for a while would double click the back button.. which was really pissin me off.. everytime i hit the back button.. it would be a double click.. and go back 2 times.. till i restarted the phone..

16. Mongoos150

Mongoos150 Well-Known Member

I'm picking up my EVO today - this makes me nervous now. Should I reject any updates it pops up with? Or will the update be loaded already?

17. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned

Back it up and do a master reset. I know its a PITA but that usually cures all ills with smart phones.

18. drummer1422

drummer1422 Active Member

Im with SikClown....Hard Re-set....After the up-date, reading Battery life issues and ONLY doing ATM before I charge at night, have not seen any PROBS with this Evo....I'm loving it !!!!

19. drummer1422

drummer1422 Active Member

Dont IGNORE Updates....Remember it could only be something to benefit you and your EVO....Definately to your advantage

20. RiverOfIce

RiverOfIce Banned

I would say do not ignore updates, but do not just accept them. For any update, come here, see how it has treated other sucke...first adopters, then determine if you want to try it.

21. ReDuhnDent

ReDuhnDent New Member

After the update, my EVO really started going funny. I'd wake it up, and swipe to unlock it and right after that, it would act like I pressed and held down on my weather/clock widget. It would then start trying to move the widget to the right. No mater what I did, I couldn't drag it back to the home screen. This wouldn't happen every time, just about 30% of the time. Then when typing messages in landscape mode, the space bar will react as if it is being held down and the cursor would go running down the screen. I have a feeling something in the screen sensitivity has been tweeked on the upper left side of the screen. It drives me bananas when it happens. Almost enough to make me go into a Sprint Store. sigh. . . I've hard reset once, with the problem still occurring and a few soft resets. What's funny it that I tried running the EVO with the SD card and it actually didn't give me this problem (it was only for a day I tried this). Any clues?