1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Anyone Else's Incredible Running Really Slow and Laggy from Time to Time?General

1. BSFL89

BSFL89 Member

Has anyone noticed that their incredible gets bogged down and runs super slow from time to time? Something as slow as opening handcent and writing a response message can take for ever, I type the word and 5 seconds later it will show up. I do not get why but it is really frustrating.

Advertisement
    :
  2. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

only if i'm trying to type in Handcent while also downloading an app/update from the Market. Otherwise....no.
  3. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

Market downloads are the lag for me.
  4. kborer22

kborer22 Well-Known Member

one thing i found when replying text messages was the amount of messages for a specific contact. So for example i had something like 750 messages with my gf since i have had the phone. I had the same slow response time and experienced some lag composing a response. I just deleted the messages, boom problem solved. Worth a shot it worked for me.

I also have some lag from time to time after i turn my phone on for the day. So have a full screen weather and calendar widget and once i scroll over them and allow them to load the phone is usually good to go.
    DWSFresh likes this.
  5. jpr18

jpr18 Well-Known Member

^ exactly. Make sure to clear out your saved messages one and awhile.
  6. Stupifier

Stupifier Well-Known Member

That may answer the lag when typing in handcent.....but i also get similar lag when typing in ANY text field (internet browser, sms, etc). The problem is not singular to handcent.

Advice?
  7. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

You using swype? I uninstalled and reinstalled and now swype is working fine for me. Before it was laggy and then frozen.
  8. merx

merx Well-Known Member

I get lag as well from handcent. Same issue when I type it doesn't show up for a bit. Sometimes in the browser as well. Clearing out messages helps a bit but I still am hit with lag spikes every now and then and it can be very frustrating. And deleting threads in handcent is a joke. Thing crashes half the time or just sits and locks up.
  9. Twiz

Twiz Well-Known Member

I get browser lag but that is the reception issue that sometimes vzw says doesn't exist.
  10. Wiggin21

Wiggin21 Well-Known Member

the only serious lag is one im experiencing right now, typing into the browser on this specific forum. never happens anywhere else, and its painful now that tapatalk is disabled :(
  11. Stupifier

I am not using Swype....just the standard keyboard. I have changed nothing in the keyboard department except the minor additions to the dictionary.

The lag is actually pretty bad...like keystrokes displayed full seconds after pressing them.....granted that kind of lag occurs only when I type fast...but still...I should be able to type fast and it display fast.
  12. jsstritz

jsstritz Active Member

My biggest annoyance is replying in gmail I have to hit the "reply" button like 3-4 times sometimes before it takes the command. Anyone else have that issue?
  13. Cole Trickle

Cole Trickle Member

I get the gmail lag and a big lag if doing a market download. Powering off once a day seems to keep the rest of the phone from lagging. I am a very heavy user...stay at home dad so I am on all day playing games, surfing, watching movies while junior rattles around.
    Jessie likes this.
  14. amarryat

amarryat Well-Known Member

Yes I have seen that - not 3-4 times for me, but twice. It happens with the "forward" button too, and pretty much every time.
  15. wonderbread

wonderbread Well-Known Member

I've only experienced lag once and I used OS Monitor to see what was causing the problem. A twitter client I was using was taking up 67% CPU. After killing it and uninstalling, the phone went back to lag free.
  16. jsstritz

jsstritz Active Member

Ok well now my phone just locked up on me for the first time. I couldn't get it to free up and finally resorted to a battery pull :(
  17. wrestlingnrj

wrestlingnrj Member

I have the same exact issue, but with one specific car forum that I'm on.
  18. yakillinyateam

yakillinyateam New Member

the only time i ever have any lag is when my phone drops below 50mb. I just close some apps and it starts running fine.
  19. Jessie

Jessie Active Member

Yeah, I'm with Cole on this one. Market updates/downloads slow me down quite a bit, as well. I'm also a stay-at-home parent/college student. The only thing that has saved me from going completely insane with boredom this summer has been my Incredible. I'm pretty much using it constantly.

I've also had a lot of internet lag on it this morning. Then my battery overheated. LOL Ah well, I guess even a phone deserves a break every now and then.
  20. KzA

KzA Well-Known Member

Handcent is SUPER laggy for me.. The rest of the phone is still snappy after a month or two of heavy usage. Makes me consider moving away from Handcent
  21. DWSFresh

DWSFresh Active Member

Had been experiencing an overall lag for the phone. I had a TON of texts saved in my messages. Deleted them all, and it took a few minutes. Now the phone is running perfectly again.

Thanks, all.
  22. DWSFresh

DWSFresh Active Member

Had been experiencing an overall lag for the phone. I had a TON of texts saved in my messages. Deleted them all, and it took a few minutes. Now the phone is running perfectly again.

Thanks, all.
  23. BSFL89

BSFL89 Member

Why would stored texts lag the rest of the phone, its not like they are cached in the ram, only a couple are. And guess that could be my problem... I have something like 4000 messages with my gf that I havent deleted any yet
  24. Stupifier

I agree. It is strange that the whole phone would lag due to just sms messages...WTF. the only lag I get is typing on the keyboard (default keyboard). This lag is in virtually everything though. Lame
  25. Reginald VelJohnson

Reginald VelJohnson Well-Known Member

Aside from what's already been mentioned, I've noticed that the Pandora client will cause lots of lag. Other than that, it's quite nice.