Anyone else's reception is worse with evo?Support

Last Updated:

1. jproxx

jproxx Member This Topic's Starter

So i've made the switch from my sprint blackberry to the evo, but my reception is actually worse now then what it was when i had my bb. Places I used to have 3 bars, I now have 1. Anyone else having this issue? :confused:

Advertisement
  2. rsa

rsa Well-Known Member

Is the reception actually worse or do you just have fewer bars on the screen?

3. archie70

archie70 Active Member

Mine has improved quite a bit over my Treo Pro

4. jproxx

jproxx Member This Topic's Starter

Both, I drop calls when I used to get perfect service. I'm roaming sometimes when I never did. I would think sprint towers would work the same with any phone? Or does this have to do with band radio?

5. Kelita

Kelita Well-Known Member

My EVO has better reception than my BB Tour did. In my bedroom, where reception is pretty poor, it went from -102 dBM with mostly roaming or no service on the BB to -94 dBM with full bars on the EVO.

6. Sketchr

Sketchr VIP Member VIP Member

This is my first Sprint phone (have iPhone with at&t) so I can't compare, but I have excellent reception. The bars seem to reflect it as well. Always have 4-6 in the house, and 5-6 outside. Not a dropped call or fade out yet.

7. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

I have good reception for the most part. The few places where I had poor reception before (video control rooms surrounded by wires) I still have poor reception. Typically I turn on Wifi or just turn the whole thing to airplane mode if I think I will be in there for a long time. Otherwise I am good to go. Wifi seems a little weaker but it works. Wimax is worse than my home Wimax modem but that goes without saying since the phone's Wimax antenna is a tiny thing and it has to run on battery power instead of being plugged into the wall.