Anyone ever had e-mails vanish?

Last Updated:

1. TheTrueSpin

TheTrueSpin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

There is a slight chance I may have deleted them myself, although I'm 99% sure I didn't.

However, today I noticed that all but my most recent e-mails had gone. It doesn't bother me much as I only use the phone for fun and none of the e-mails were important (plus they were still on hotmail), but surely my phone should not be deleting them without my say.

I had a look in options and I can't see any auto-delete options, although there is a "notify on delete" which you can select to on or off, although this doesn't make much sense on its own.

Anyone?

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

If you're using HTC mail, it keeps upto whatever you have in settings.

Menu, more, settings, send receive, download options

3. TheTrueSpin

TheTrueSpin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So if I have download options "by 3 days" does that mean it will delete anything older than 3 days? I thought that was simply was it downloaded and once it was on the phone it was safe for as long as I wanted?

4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Yup

5. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

I may be wrong, but I think that if you set it to 2 weeks, or the max, it will show the older ones again.

6. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member

It's not permanently deleting them. They are still there on the server but the phone will only display as many as specified in the email settings. If you want to display more you can, but bear in mind that this will take up more of the valuable internal storage space.

I made the mistake of setting mine to display two weeks worth but was immediately confronted by low space warnings. I soon changed it back again!

7. RetroDude

RetroDude Well-Known Member

I set mine to a week, and it brought the old ones back, i dont get many to hotmail now anyway so space isnt a problem. Most go to gmail

8. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Well-Known Member

This is worth trying.

I was also baffled when emails began to go missing, but doing the above meant they were displayed again.