• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone ever had e-mails vanish?

TheTrueSpin

Android Enthusiast
May 21, 2010
There is a slight chance I may have deleted them myself, although I'm 99% sure I didn't.

However, today I noticed that all but my most recent e-mails had gone. It doesn't bother me much as I only use the phone for fun and none of the e-mails were important (plus they were still on hotmail), but surely my phone should not be deleting them without my say.

I had a look in options and I can't see any auto-delete options, although there is a "notify on delete" which you can select to on or off, although this doesn't make much sense on its own.

Anyone?

It's not permanently deleting them. They are still there on the server but the phone will only display as many as specified in the email settings. If you want to display more you can, but bear in mind that this will take up more of the valuable internal storage space.

I made the mistake of setting mine to display two weeks worth but was immediately confronted by low space warnings. I soon changed it back again!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones