Anyone ever try and polish the chrome-like areas?General

Last Updated:

1. smittythepig

smittythepig Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I noticed some small scratches on the chrome-painted headphone jack today. I assume it's just a chrome paint and would probably wear off with even the slightest effort. But I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask if anyone has ever tried to polish something like that with any luck.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. smittythepig

Also, my talk and end buttons are a bit scuffed. Not that I am worried about that, but it would be another area that I would wonder if it could be touched up.

3. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

im sure they are just painted. probably comes right off (the chrome that is)

4. screennamie

screennamie Well-Known Member

Ya I deffinetly would not be polishing any surface of my phone other than to wipe it clean of dust when I take it out of the case occasionaly with my shirt.

Any chrome polish, abrasive based cleaner is just going to marr and ruin the finish in my opinon.

The only actual metal on it I believe is the ear peice and the strip around the edges. The ear one is painted, and the edge is probably just a plating.

I know the send and end buttons are just plastic with paint.

If you've got scratches don't stress them too much, your phone just has character now.

5. smittythepig

turns out that the 'scratches' around the headset jack aren't scratches. they are hairline cracks in the paint or sealant. hope it holds up. i know there was a big thread on the Hero forum about the chrome-painted plastic piece around the USB jack cracking.