Anyone exchanged a 2.1V3 leak phone at Verizon yet?General

Last Updated:

1. gavin77

gavin77 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My wifes' Eris has the silent phone, speaker issue, or whatever it is that has supposidly been awakened by the 2.1 leaks. I'm wondering if I put the 2.1 V3 leak on her phone, if I will be able to take it in to get exchanged without any issue, being that it would then essentially have the same 2.1 as the OTA?

Has anyone done this yet successfully?

Advertisement
  2. sabakawasaki

sabakawasaki Active Member

I would think that you should be in the clear with the exchange. Most of these reps are pretty dumb and uninformed ( no disrespect) when it comes to specifics like the difference between the ota and the leak v3. As long as you can reproduce the problems, they should be willing to help you out. Whether they swap the phone for a new one or try to fix it is another story. I know I have a warranty with best buy and they switched out my phone right then and there when I broke the screen w/o a deductible too. Good Luck.

3. gavin77

Thanks for the reply.....anyone else, or anyone that has actually done the exchange?

4. AndroidFantic

AndroidFantic Well-Known Member

Actually just call verizon and they will try and trouble shoot the issue and will send you a new phone. Did it today because

1. My brothers earpiece blew
    2. My brother was on leak 1
    3. Because we are under warranty

OHHH!!!! Also if you go in the store they will mach the software info and compare the phone with the info that they have on the computer and on the official updates it says 2.1 UPDATE-1 which to me you would have to be like a brand new tech to not get that so it would be safer to call them and have them send you a phone just make sure that you get the phone back within the 10 days

5. jdog94

jdog94 Well-Known Member

did you just call verizon corp number?

6. SirEagle

SirEagle Well-Known Member

All the pics I've seen posted on here only say 2.1. You got a link to one that says 2.1 UPDATE-1?

7. jdog94

jdog94 Well-Known Member

no i dont have link

8. W4LLY

W4LLY Well-Known Member

I posted my story on this somewhere else.

You have to just hope you get a Manager or something who has a blackberry and is unfamiliar with Android. Basically, if you can prove a problem that isn't fixed by a reset, they should swap you.

9. gavin77

Can anyone confirm that the official OTA says 2.1 update 1, and the others dont.......

10. jdog94

jdog94 Well-Known Member

11. briman4031

briman4031 Well-Known Member

You shouldn't have a problem. I went by today and told them about my headphone issue. They ordered a new phone for me no questions asked. They didn't even pick up the phone. Im on lv3.

12. natsu

natsu Well-Known Member

Just took my leaked v3 in yesterday to show them i was missing the water damage sticker. But when she asked me if i was having any problems, i told her all the issues and bugs i was having "since i got the update". I was slightly worried because she went into the back for about 10 minutes to talk to a manager about the missing sticker, but they ended up giving me a "like new" replacement as a courtesy.

Win for me. 1.5 is really different. I had 2.1 leak pretty much from the first week i got my eris.