Anyone feeling a bit overwelmed by all the X excitement

Last Updated:

1. bc6droid

bc6droid Active Member This Topic's Starter

Im very excited by all the posts and news about the X but at the same time Im feeling a bit overwhelmed by it all too. Im I the only one that feels like that. Im still excited that there are 5 more days left, I'll be on pins and needles soon if this keeps up.

Advertisement
  2. damstr

damstr Well-Known Member

I was extremely hyped before and now knowing that I'll most likely have mine Monday I'm even more siked!

3. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

I'm actually glad the phone is living up to the hype. Before the vids and reviews started coming in, I thought the phone was too good to be true.

4. Exiled

Exiled Well-Known Member

I'm starting to get worried about in-store availability on release day. Originally I thought it would be OK, but now with all the hype its gonna be more difficult I think. We'll see. The more people that want the phone, the cooler it will be to have one.

5. Fountainhead

Fountainhead Member

totally excited, but as tempted as i am, i may hold out until a release date is announced for the fascinate. i know lots of us are grappling with this >.<

6. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

I returned my Incredible. There was more of a wait for it than for the Droid X. We waited three months! This wait isn't so bad. It's about two and a half weeks for me. I'm back on stinky windows mobile. The wait part is that I can't wait to get back to Android with all my apps.

It's gonna be a great phone.

7. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

I can't wait until the Droid X is released! :D I'm sure that it'll be a great purchase.

8. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

I feel the same way now, I wasn't nervous at all but now I am starting to worry. I have been talking to my local Verizon store and they said it will be busy, they say they should have enough, but I don't want to risk it. I think it is just me worrying getting this close to the actual release.

9. Exiled

Exiled Well-Known Member

Exactly. I know its no iPhone, but its still gonna be pretty crazy at the stores come Thursday. I'm just trying not to obsess about it too much. I know I will get it eventually (if I can't get it on release day) but I don't want to wait longer than I have to. I just don't know what to expect.

10. irishpride

irishpride Well-Known Member

I remember that wait, those who think this is bad, go to the Inc section and check out the thread that had almost 50K posts, that was a long couple of months!

11. Vihzel

Yeah the Incredible had far more posts than this before it was even released... FAR MORE.

12. Growler48

Growler48 Well-Known Member

+1

13. anthonygobot

anthonygobot Well-Known Member

All I know is BB better have my DX the 15th or im gonna be getting Ralph Macchio all up in there and crane kickin some sh!t.

14. kishin14

kishin14 Well-Known Member

I was in the beginning, but the hype has died down for me a bit. I also think release day availability will not be an issue. I think there will be plenty of phones to go around. Moto and Verizon will NOT make the same mistake HTC did. Of course that won't prevent customers from lining up at stores before launch. Verizon would love the publicity.

Nevertheless, I'm going to wait another week after release to get the x. A lot of initial problems are detected in phones the first week of release and I want to see what those might be before buying. I've waited two months, I think I can wait another 7 days longer. It might be not easy, but as we all know there's so much information that can be released in a week's time.

15. Phantom_LS2

Phantom_LS2 Well-Known Member

Reading this just sent Dr. Pepper shooting through my nose.

16. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

Have my pre-order in at the local Best Buy....I asked three times if it absolutely guaranteed me to have one on that day...I was told yes. As long as that is true, I will be happy :) But yes, I am very X-cited about the DX! I didn't know if the phone could hold up to what it claimed to be....but it certainly has from what I've seen

17. damstr

damstr Well-Known Member

Hahaha

18. Ed5275

Ed5275 Well-Known Member

I'm switching from AT&T so I have the anxiety of waiting on the new device coupled with changing carriers for the first time since 2001. Plus, i'll be going from Blackberry to Droid X. Lots to look forward to!

19. Piiman

Piiman Well-Known Member

I haven't really noticed any hypes but the low number of units, being reported, at the stores for opening sounds a little low. It sounds like they want to run out or they don't really see the demand themselves. I'm sure they are basing numbers on previous in store sales but after the crap with the Incredibale you would think they'd not want to deal with that again. I'd hate to be a CSR for VZW

20. Vihzel

This whole voyage has been a rocky one!

21. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

My local store has said they believe there will be a pretty decent size crowd out in the morning. I truly hope this isn't the case. They told me they would call me either the 13th or 14th to let me know how many units the have in stock. If they don't call I will call them, lol.

Also I checked with them again today and no pre-orders, no taking names, or no appointments at my local store, they told me first come first serve.

So I will just need to make sure I am there early enough to have no issues getting one.

22. benjiedude

benjiedude Well-Known Member

Finally got to play with the DX this morning by asking at the counter. The manager was really cool. She told me all they have for launch is 20 units and they already had them in the back. She wasn't sure if people would be camping but did say she's had a lot of questions about the phone. I will go there about a half hour early on launch day since they're first come first serve to see if I can just get the lower full price of $569 there first. If there's a huge crowd I'll swing over to Best Buy and hope they'll match VZW's full price. Too much hype.

23. Phantom_LS2

Phantom_LS2 Well-Known Member

Was also told my my main local store will only be getting 20 units in. He said that the only other verizon store in town was only getting 10.

24. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

lol!!

25. m3llyb33

m3llyb33 Member

I feel really disappointed right now. I called my Verizon store today to check on the order of my Inc (Order it on the 18th of June) to see if I could go ahead and switch it to the X. The rep told me that I had to wait for the Inc to come in before I can switch over. They say its supposed to come in any day now. But when I do have that Inc in my hands, I'm going right up to Verizon to switch it out for the X.

My only worry is that there will be no X's in stock when I go up there to trade the phone in. It could be before release day or after release day when my Inc comes in. I don't know what to do lol and I have no clue how popular this phone will be in my area :(