Anyone find a case friendly screen protector?Tips

1. clawlan

clawlan Member

I applied the ArmorSuit Millitary shield, which is a wet apply, and as you can expect, as soon as you put it in the TPU case (after letting it dry of course) the rubbery, malleable material of the protector just gets pushed up by the case. It's like putting plastic wrap on the screen and expecting it to sit there, vs using a hard plastic screen protector.

Most people seem to be having this issue. I had a Steinheil on my Thunderbolt, which is a dry apply plastic protector, which was also in a TPU case and it worked great with no issues.

Anyone have luck with screen protectors for their DNA in a case?

Advertisement
    :
  2. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

I had same issue with my Zagg and my diztronic case. Seems like the flexible film ones just don't play well with cases.
  3. dubbsix

dubbsix Well-Known Member

Im running a ZAGG with the thin TPU case from VZW. No issues. I just made sure I left the phone out of the case for 24hrs and I have not had any issues with the film.
  4. ShelW

ShelW Member

I'm currently using DayDeal's Anti-Glare screen protector for the DNA.

It is a dry apply screen protector.

What I was looking for was a screen protector that would minimize finger prints and smudges from showing up, and I preferred a dry application.

The screen protector does not go right up to the edge of the screen, it leaves a very slight border, covering up the entire portion of the screen that is illuminated, and covering up the buttons below the screen.

Doesn't interfere with any case you may use, it's easy to install, and best of all, fingerprints barely show, and if they do appear, a quick wipe against my shirt or pants and they're gone!

Screen visibility is also not diminished, and it's got a smooth feel, not gummy like some wet apply screen protectors.