Anyone Find Good Pouch/Holster Option?

Last Updated:

1. DGalt

DGalt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone find a decent holster/pouch for their droid? Most of the ones out there seem to use magnets, which I've read is a bad idea.

I want one that at least somewhat protects the corners so that I can take the hard shell (Body Glove) off (although I think I'm going to get one of the invisible shields for it).

Suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. e39e60

e39e60 Well-Known Member

I went with the "Leather Side Pouch" from VZW website using free shipping. This is PDASDPCH6 which is different from the ugly plastic looking "Leather Pouch" which is also in the stores (MOTA855CAS).

It is a velcro flap. It feels slimmer and not as bulky as the holster I've been using for the Palm 700w and Samsung i760. It's rather comfortable.

3. bthoward

bthoward Well-Known Member

I find it really crappy to have to go with an old piece of junk velcro closure because of the way they designed their docks. I honestly much prefer the way that Blackberry uses the magnets in their cases to put the devices to sleep and save battery life.

4. DGalt

DGalt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a link to that? I can't find it on their site.

5. ratchetjaw

ratchetjaw Well-Known Member

The home mount/car mount trumps all over the blackberry sleep mode

6. kkwan77

kkwan77 Well-Known Member

Anything that doesn't have a magnetic flap to it. I picked up a holster from VZW with a velcro flap.

7. soybot

soybot Member

When I bought my droid I just dropped it in the Cellet leather holster I had been using for my Treo 700. It does have magnets, but if I insert the droid with the screen facing the magnets, it doesn't activate the car/dock modes. This model Cellet is a bit wide for the droid but it suits me just fine.

8. digitized

digitized Active Member

I bought the leather Eddie Bauer universal from the boys in blue. It does have a magnetic lock, but the case is thick enough that it doesn't mess with the phone. The only issues I have are sometimes touching the phone to the magnet when I put it away, and the holes don't line up to any of the plugs. Not really a deal breaker for me and it's a pretty good holster.

9. FireChief

FireChief Well-Known Member

For those of us that like the 'industrial look' you can use one of these tuff "RipOff" holsters.. These are popular with Law Enforcement and Firefighters.

The belt clips are bullet proof.. the nylon is heavy stitched..

Welcome to the Ripoffs division of US Armor

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. thetruth

thetruth Member

I hear that the G1 pouch fits the Droid pretty good. You can find them I ebay for about 4 dollars.

11. DrDroid

DrDroid Well-Known Member

12. bthoward

bthoward Well-Known Member

I just bought the Seidio premium horizontal leather case (which they claim supports the blackberry sleeper function) which means it has a magnet for that and for closure. They claim to have tested it with a Motorola Droid and stated that it has no issues with keeping the phone awake. Seidio makes great products and if it causes me issues they have a good return policy. We'll see how it goes.

13. El Blacksheep

El Blacksheep Well-Known Member

I had this same concern. I actually ended up getting a generic leather magnetic side pouch from a mall kiosk. I tried it out before I bought it, and the magnet didn't cause any docking issues at all when putting the phone in / taking it out.

Here's a couple pics I just took of it:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. The HITMAN

The HITMAN Well-Known Member

Right now I am using the god-awful Body Glove case and having to take it off everytime I put the Droid into the home docking cradle. I fear having to do it because I'm always afraid of ripping the entire phone in half because of those latches the BG case has on it.

15. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

Same here. It's a definite inconvenience, but I preferred the body glove over the pouches they had in-store. Hopefully, a good looking third-party maker will come around w/ some options.

16. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

I hate cases and pouches. I'm waiting for SOMEONE to come out with a good belt clip. The click kind, not the "let put a button on the back of your phone and let the thing swing around when you are walking type".

You would think with the car clip out, someone could make something!

17. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

One good thing about the Body Glove is that, while you can turn the phone on it's clip, it secures into the vertical or horizontal positioning, depending on preference.

18. Droid_Junky

Droid_Junky Well-Known Member

19. landis73

landis73 Active Member

20. Arsonman

Arsonman Well-Known Member

I went to a kiosk in the local mall and picked up an Ultra Fit belt clip leather holster. It is made for the Samsung M800 and has magnets. The phone fits very snug and the magnets in the pouch do not activate the dock magnets. The holster is made with some cloth to block the magnets. I am very happy with this holster.

21. kali kid 619

kali kid 619 Active Member

I have the leather side velcro pouch from Verizon and I was concerned at first but I really like it! It's the first velcro I've ever used.

22. barry99705

barry99705 Well-Known Member

I'm using the niteize clip case that I was using for my ATT Tilt. It's a little big, but will do until I can find a better case.

Nite Ize: Product Detail

These guys cases are fairly bullet proof, I've been using them for years now.

23. e39e60

e39e60 Well-Known Member

24. Snowman

Snowman Well-Known Member

I bought this case off of ebay, it is made for the LG enV Touch but it fits my droid perfectly.

Here are some pics of the case (sorry for crappy pic quality, had to take them on my busted Dare)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. ricktssf

ricktssf Member

RIGHT this is a really nice product. This is one I am using now.