Anyone from Droid 1 to Droid X?

Last Updated:

1. Uber Schwarz

Uber Schwarz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Did you guys pay full retail? Was it worth it? Do you like it better than the Droid 1?

I can upgrade on November 30 for an annual upgrade so I think I'll get the Droid X.

Advertisement
  2. lkw15

lkw15 New Member

Yes, and yes it's worth it. My Droid 1 wasn't rooted, so that may change some people's feelings - but the speed and the beauty of the X's screen is well worth full retail in my opinion.

3. Uber Schwarz

Uber Schwarz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've recently rooted my Droid 1 and installed BB 0.4. I just hope that the Droid X isn't going to be replaced by or soon after November 30 when I upgrade to it.

4. krichek

krichek Well-Known Member

I had a rooted original Droid running custom roms, paid full retail for the X and think it was definitely worth it. Even overclocked and running some excellent roms it was never as smooth as the X is now. I passed my original Droid onto my Wife who is loving it so it made it easier to part with. :)

5. XtremeAaron

XtremeAaron Well-Known Member

I also had a rooted Droid 1. I got the Droid X at $199 price, and just rooted it today and couldn't be happier. I was having second thoughts about the phone before root was obtained, but not anymore!

6. ctxx24

ctxx24 Well-Known Member

Hope you dont like pandora cause it is not very loud....about 50% of the droid 1

7. deekum1627

deekum1627 Well-Known Member

+1

8. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

It wont be replaced by then it will be around for atleast a year if not longer it has the specs to keep up and once 2.2 hits its going to be about the fastest phone around and how knows what 3.0 will bring

9. jbert

jbert Active Member

I used one of my eligible family plan lines to get my Droid X. Actually it was my mother-in-law's upgrade ;). My DROID is on eBay.