Anyone get a replacement through Asurion Lately?General

Last Updated:

1. gijoe411

gijoe411 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yea, I was out on a friends boat yesterday and like a complete idiot I placed my phone on the side of the boat while we were docked so I could put my shoes on. I put it face up so the rubber back would grip the fiberglass and stay put. Well you can see where this is going. Someone stepped off the boat rocked, it a little bit and she made a nice plop sound when it hit the water.

I didn't even try to retrieve it. I figured the rice trick wouldn't work in this situation, with it being about 3 feet under salt water.

Anyway, thankfully the insurance paid off in this instance, I made the claim, which was almost too easy. They said the phone will come tomorrow.

I have two questions:

?Will this be a refurb unit?
    &
    ?Do you think the phone is worth anything to someone on ebay? I could go back to the dock and take a little swim and get it back.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

After the 24 hours in salt water, its probably totally worthless. If you had been able to snag it immediately you may have been able to save the battery or sdcard. (note: the is a big maybe)

The pool of refrubs. Asurion has is probably increasing at this point but, which you'll get depend mostly on luck and which one the warehouse guy grabbed off the shelf.

3. tmellen

tmellen Active Member

Dead phones are always good for parts. Say your battery door cracks, or your lens cover gets scratched -- it's good to have spares.

4. romy134

romy134 Well-Known Member

You just want froyo that bad heheh.

5. TheLurg1687

TheLurg1687 Well-Known Member

Yes, it will be a refurb. I got my first Incredible within the 30 days..that didnt work and got another one WITHIN the 30 days. The one I have (current) is a refurb.

6. gijoe411

gijoe411 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the info,

If there is a problem with the phone do i contact verizon or asurion?