• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone get better reception after FROYO?

convex

Lurker
Aug 31, 2010
I don't know if my reception has gotten better due to FROYO but after updating my Incredible to 2.2, I've noticed a dramatic reception change near my home and other places where I usually receive 1 or 2 bars. I don't know if its 2.2 but I can't come up with any other reason why it would change for the better.

Mine went from 1-2 bars now showing 3-4 consistently. I wanted to check out the difference so I downgrade one Inc to 2.1 with the old 1.XX Radio for comparison. Side by side in different locations the 2.15 radio had on average approximately -12db better reception. Here at the house the 1.XX radio showed -96db, while the 2.15 showed -84db. I have also had better call quality, please remember this was just my experience/area and in no way conducted very scientifically.

Upvote 0
If I go by the bars, here at work I use to get 1-2 bars now I get 0
If I go by the bars I usually stop and have a beer.... Oh that's not what you meant, is it?

My wifi is definitely better. I haven't checked if it's actually N but I am seeing a stronger connection in most places I use it.

I don't think that I have better cell/3G reception. None of the dead zones I know of seem to be any better.

Upvote 0
I don't know if my reception has gotten better due to FROYO but after updating my Incredible to 2.2, I've noticed a dramatic reception change near my home and other places where I usually receive 1 or 2 bars. I don't know if its 2.2 but I can't come up with any other reason why it would change for the better.

Oh yes. I'm seeing much more 3G on, and significantly more bars. The proof will be in my house, which for some reason, used to get 1x all the time. I haven't been home since the 2.2 update, since it updated while driving to work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones