anyone get car mount from htc store yet?

Last Updated:

1. Turbo Brian

Turbo Brian Active Member This Topic's Starter

been looking at the htc america store since the n1 accessories showed up. seems the car mount is perpetually backordered and its ETA is always 3 days out every time i look. that mean its just made to order and after 3 days it actually will ship or what? i ordered sunday with an ETA ship date of tomorrow (wed). guess ill see, but i got an email today that says ETA is unknown, even though the site shows 3 days out again. has anyone ordered and received the car mount from the htc store yet?

Advertisement
  2. Hmmm

Hmmm Member

I ordered one from the HTC UK store last week.
    When ordered i was given a 18 day back order period, however it arrived yesterday in the official branded nexus box.
    Very happy with it so far.

3. Turbo Brian

well, their site still shows 3 days out from today for estimated delivery. my email from them overnight says its TBD. so im pretty sure they dont have any in stock and they have some script setup that adds 3 days to the current date to make people think it will be available soon. lame.

4. kgeissler

kgeissler Well-Known Member

I am still waiting on the desktop dock from them. I ordered it on August 10th and it says it is suppose to ship on September 1st, but this changes every few days. :(

5. RayMan8100

RayMan8100 New Member

Yes I got one it took a few stores works fine the main screen gets a little getting used to. Mainly to get out of it...

6. Skidudek2

Skidudek2 New Member

Nope still have not got mine, ordered August 9th,

Got this email yesterday,

Dear LetsTalk.com Customer,
    Just a quick update on your order. The following product you have purchased is still backordered.
    ETA* Qty Unit Price Product
    ---------- ----- ----------- ----------------------------------------
    TBD 1 59.99 Nexus One Car Phone Holder
    *ETA - Estimated Time Availability
    We will ship out your order as soon as all the items are in-stock.

7. Turbo Brian

that what me emails have said.... until today. this morning i awoke to an email with a date of sept 8th. we'll see if that holds true.

8. JDlawyer

JDlawyer Well-Known Member

I bought my car dock directly from Google while they still had their online store up and running. Ordered it when I heard the N1 was going to be pulled off the market and their online store was going to be shut down. Thought it would take a month or 2 to sell out but they sold out a week after the announcement. I really like my car dock. Just be careful when you are using it while driving. It's very easy to take your eyes off the road. But very good quality product. Well worth the price.

9. Turbo Brian

ah, too good to be true. order status email is back to TBD.

10. Turbo Brian

Got more emails. one was Sept 28. the next one said Oct 4. who knows if ill ever get this damn thing. i think im due for a new email over night tonight. ill see what new date i get this time.

11. Turbo Brian

Nov 27 now.

12. kgeissler

kgeissler Well-Known Member

I got my desktop dock!!! Thing is, I had to buy it off craigslist. I got tired of waiting. I wound up just canceling my order with Letstalk.com.

13. Talbot

Talbot Well-Known Member

Question about the car dock.. can you take it our of car mode while it's connected?

14. Checho27

Checho27 Member

I actually just sold my iphone 3GS for a nexus and I was using a Kensington mount I got off of Amazon for about $22 with the iphone, with 180degree rotation. When i got the nexus, i put it on, it fit better then the iphone.

/cheer.:D

15. Turbo Brian

after a few more emails stating the end of November, i was pleasantly surprised when a shipping notification email show up on my phone about 30min ago. yes, my car dock has finally shipped!!

16. drblast33

drblast33 New Member

I ordered from HTC as soon as androidforums said they were selling the docks after the google store closed. I FINALLY just received my car dock last Saturday. I still have a TBD on my car case from HTC.

17. Eeyore

Eeyore Member

Yes. You just press the "home" button. I really wish that the dock speakers were louder but that would be my only complaint.

18. JesusHasADroid

JesusHasADroid Member

I received the Car dock from Letstalk..Took about a month to delivered after order. Love it..Took a while to get. Worth it..I like it alot. great having something to put your phone in. Nexus One rocks...

19. berig

berig Active Member

I ordered both from htcamerica (which seems to be run by letstalk) on the 14th, it was shipped on the 14th later that day, and the tracking code says I should have it on Tuesday. I have been looking at the site off and on, but it happened to say they were both currently in stock, so I decided to finally buy them. I'll post again after I receive it.

Update:
    Both docks came in today. They both come with a charger (car/wall respectively), and the desktop dock comes with a 3.5mm to stereo RCA cable. Both seem to be of good quality.