• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone get the update to 4.3 for Nexus phones?

I think(?) They said the 7s and the 4 will get it 1st then the gnex then the google editions

Google stated that the following devices will receive Android 4.3 beginning 7/24/13.
Galaxy Nexus
Nexus 4
Nexus 7 (2012 version)
Nexus 10

Rollouts are staggered, so a fraction of users got it last night, likely a very tiny fraction. This rollout should progress more after the first week. Users who do not want to wait can download the factory image from Google and load manually. Supposedly this includes the Galaxy Nexus, but I haven't followed it closely. I'm a GPE user.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
In the past, updates have taken 2-4 weeks to get to me. They phase the roll outs. I take that as a good thing as they are working out the update bugs as they go along.

But I did check three times yesterday and once today - because I'm an idiot.

I've checked every few hours. Which seems stupid, because it will tell me when it is available. I just don't know how often it checks on its own.

Theres nothing im that excited about tbh but the geek in me is still lookin forward to the dev teams gettin their hands on it :)

I hear ya. The geek in me just enjoys having it long, Long, LONG before people with non-Nexus phones.

no, i have not. i'm curious if i will, as my phone has a bad esn, so i use it as a wifi device only. i hope i get it. sounds like the push will come directly from google and not the carrier.

i hate carriers. haha

Who doesn't?!? Google should become a cell service provider, like they are with internet/tv/home phone.

Upvote 0
Verizon, Sprint and both GSM versions of Galaxy Nexus images are available.

It will be interesting to see what happens to Google Play Experience phones. Hugo said "soon". Which I take to mean that the OEMs will roll it out. Something about the way he said it. Their images certainly are not uploaded anywhere as of right now.

Upvote 0
The camera interface is actually a big deal to me and looks like a huge improvement. For some reason, the wheel really bothers me as I constantly have to look around my fingers to see what I am selecting.

I had heard good things about:
- battery life
- more efficient bluetooth

I also heard about a revamp to notifications. Not sure what exactly. I am just trusting that LightFlow knows what to do for me and will update LightFlow for me in a timely manner.

So, I will update when the OTA comes to me. But maybe I will wait for the LightFlow update first.

Upvote 0
Aaaand??
How is battery life on first impressions mate?
Sleeps just fine. (Image is about an hour screen on time)

Other than that... its on my tablet, so battery life isn't something that gets the limit pushed

Nothings gonna blow your mind, its an incremental update

Attachments

• 1374797632248.jpg
    1374797632248.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 38
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones