• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

anyone get the update

Virginia here, I still dont have it... but im Velocity so..

Edit: I guess I'll reflash to stock for a few days and test the new update, But God please let Trident get out a new Velocity ROM for the new update If I do get it!

I'll definitely report when I get It, Ill also report benchmark scores.

Right now in Velocity I get a benchmark of 480 in Quadrant

Upvote 0
So I'm assuming if I got an update this weekend then it's "the" update?

I got an update I think Saturday. I woke up and it said there was an update ready. Updated and restarted. First thing I noticed was a new "preinstalled" app that told me what town a phone number was from (which is cool... until you find out it's just a 14 day free trial).

I'm in MA.

Upvote 0
Hey first post!

I just received the update here in SC. It popped up while I was running a Quadrant benchmark. I'm running stock and my pre-update Quadrant was 369.
After installing the update my Quadrant is 409, so that's good to see.

There's also a noticeable difference in the smoothness of the device.
I'll keep playing around to see if I notice any other differences.

Reactions: Math-Uhhh-Saurus
Upvote 0
How do you get the OTA updates? I wonder if the Shine Plus is done differently or something, I go through About Phone and see no system updates options anywhere.

try *#*#CHECKIN#*#* on the dailpad. That should force an update if its available.

Just remeber that the update procedure hasn't rolled out to every phone yet. i believe the rest of the phones get them today though.

Reactions: sookster54
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones