General Anyone getting 4.2.2

1. hayj

hayj Well-Known Member

So there's been news that 4.2.2 has been released for Nexus devices. I'm wondering if anyone has got it for their Nexus 4? I assume that someone would post but thought I would ask.

I'm also wondering if it's carrier dependent? I assume no and the update comes directly form Google?

Advertisement
  2. Banished Angel

Banished Angel Well-Known Member

It was pushed to the Nexus 7, Nexus 10, and Galaxy Nexus. Not sure why Google is holding off on the Nexus 4 at the moment, but as far as I know 4.2.2 has not begun rolling out for us yet. There are some 4.2.2 builds over at XDA if you're the rooting type.
  3. hayj

hayj Well-Known Member

I've seen the discussions about the Nexus 7 getting it, though I have a Nexus 7 and no luck so far. Wonder how that is determined?
  4. andrews317

andrews317 Well-Known Member

Nexus 4 is the latest device and the last to get the update?
  5. Sylon

Sylon Well-Known Member

6. Android802

Android802 Active Member

I just received the update today OTA for my nexus 7, so im sure the update for the Nexus 4 should be right around the corner.
  7. kevlarian

kevlarian Member

I have a nexus 4 and a nexus 7. neither have received the update. both are Not rooted. what's the deal?
  8. janeyg

janeyg Active Member

I have n7 got the update yesterday but no update for my n4 yet I am in the uk
    Regards
    John
    I just got the update on my n4 about 5 min ago (9:20) uk time
  9. Sylon

Sylon Well-Known Member

Someone on another forum posted (so take this with a grain of salt) that his Nexus 4 just received the update. So we'll just have to be patient. I know from experience with my Nexus 7, that constantly checking for the update will only cause it to take longer for it to hit your device. It took FOREVER for my N7 to get 4.2.1 because I kept checking every 2 hours.

UPDATE: http://www.engadget.com/2013/02/13/android-4-2-2-spreads-to-nexus-4-with-new-battery-sounds/
  10. andrews317

andrews317 Well-Known Member

11. lacoste_rocker

lacoste_rocker Well-Known Member

I have it on my nexus 7 not on my N4 yet.
  12. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Well-Known Member

Just checked an nothing on my N4, however the Register said yesterday that they hadn't found any evidence of it getting to N4s yet. I guess the changes must be mostly tablet-related.
  13. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

Where is the proof that checking often delays the update? Perhaps it still cam to your device when it was going to anyway?

If you have a source about this then great!
  14. MartinS

I just deleted the Data in Google Services Framework on my N7 and I got the update after reboot. It's only 47.7 MB so no big changes..?

EDIT:

Did the same on the N4 and nothing...
  15. dunjamon

dunjamon Well-Known Member

I've not had it on either of my Nexus devices yet. :(
  16. MartinS

Don't worry, I can't see any difference on the N7 (apart from the build number!).
  17. dunjamon

Its added switches to the WiFi and Bluetooth notifications in the drop down list, that's a good new feature for me.
  18. dunjamon

19. steslatt

steslatt Well-Known Member

Yes
    dunjamon likes this.
  20. MartinS

Oh yes, the long press toggles. Not very obvious if you don't know it's there...
  21. Sylon

Sylon Well-Known Member

The source is me. Yes, you're right, it could have came at the exact moment I checked it. However, I checked it, it said I was already up to date. I deleted the Google Framework data, rebooted, then checked again and the update was there.

Was it coincidence? Probably. I just know that everyone on the N7 forums here was getting it before I eventually did.
    ppaul1219 likes this.
  22. LoyalServant

LoyalServant Well-Known Member

I got it this morning.
    Anyone notice any baseband changes?

(Other than LTE doesn't work)

I am wondering about signal strength or an annoying polling issue I noticed and occasional slow handoff / data setup
  23. hayj

hayj Well-Known Member

For those who have got it, does it remove root and does something like RootKeeper keep root for this OTA update?
  24. dunjamon

I manually updated. It removes root...but OTA Rootkeeper works like a charm.