• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone getting 4.2.2

To those that can't seem to get it. Don't forget you must enable any system apps you've disabled previously for the update to work...I personally disable the Korean keyboard, PinYin, Currents, Chrome, and Magazines. I had to enable all of these before getting the update.

Many of you already knew this but just making sure :)

Upvote 0
To those that can't seem to get it. Don't forget you must enable any system apps you've disabled previously for the update to work...I personally disable the Korean keyboard, PinYin, Currents, Chrome, and Magazines. I had to enable all of these before getting the update.

Hey thanks for that. I have a new N4 so nothing disabled. I'll keep trying!

Upvote 0
Pants. Still nothing here. Sigh!

Try this: System>Apps>All>Google Framework>Clear Data>Force Stop

Then go straight into the system update menu and tap Check. That's what did it for me, my previous method, which I had just tried minutes before getting it to work, didn't work for me for the last few days.

Not true. I disabled the 2 Asian keyboards a long time ago, updated to 4.2.2 and they are still disabled. Maybe it was one of those other apps?

Reactions: DonaldGreig
Upvote 0
Hey thanks for that. I have a new N4 so nothing disabled. I'll keep trying!
Follow me Don:

All apps>Google services framwork>clear data>force stop......

It will quickly prompt you for location access..accept. From here quickly go to system updates...You'll notice it says last checked for update in 1969...check for update...you should profit

Upvote 0
Try this: System>Apps>All>Google Framework>Clear Data>Force Stop

Then go straight into the system update menu and tap Check. That's what did it for me, my previous method, which I had just tried minutes before getting it to work, didn't work for me for the last few days.

Not true. I disabled the 2 Asian keyboards a long time ago, updated to 4.2.2 and they are still disabled. Maybe it was one of those other apps?

Just worked just now. I seemed to do the same thing. Perhaps actually I went straight to check for updates for the first time.

Anyway loading up and we'll see if my brightness bug is fixed.

Thanks guys!

Upvote 0
Follow me Don:

All apps>Google services framwork>clear data>force stop......

It will quickly prompt you for location access..accept. From here quickly go to system updates...You'll notice it says last checked for update in 1969...check for update...you should profit

Tried for the third time and nothing yet. Just goes from 1969 to actual time. Does my location has to do with it? I'm on a country where Play Store is not available.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones