• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone getting 4.2.2

For users of MyPhoneExplorer using USB you will need to update SDK.
From the MPE forum...
1. Download Google's latest Android SDK: 32-bit or 64-bit.
2. Unpack the SDK or - if you have Windows Vista, 7 or 8 - simply open the ZIP file.

3. Inside the SDK locate and open the folder sdk -> platform-tools.
4. Locate the files adb.exe, AdbWinApi.dll and AdbWinUsbApi.dll.
5. Open MyPhoneExplorer's DLL folder, which usually is C:\Program Files\MyPhoneExplorer\DLL (on 32-bit systems) or C:\Program Files (x86)\MyPhoneExplorer\DLL (on 64-bit systems).

6. Backup the files adb.exe, AdbWinApi.dll and AdbWinUsbApi.dll which reside in MyPhoneExplorer's DLL folder by copying them to a safe location on your hard disk.

7. Copy the files adb.exe, AdbWinApi.dll and AdbWinUsbApi.dll from the SDK folder to MyPhoneExplorer's DLL folder; these files will then replace the old files. Notice: Windows might ask you to enter the administrator password to perform this step.

8. Close all open folders and start MyPhoneExplorer.
9. Connect your Android phone or tablet to one of your computer's USB ports.
10. In MyPhoneExplorer choose File -> Connect.
11. On your Android smartphone or tablet confirm that your computer is allowed to establish a USB connection.

Upvote 0
Why is the nexus 4 update 55mb yet
galaxy nexus is only 44mb

The Galaxy Nexus has been out for quite some time and most of the bugs have been ironed out. This is only the second update for the Nexus 4. Most likely Google pushed some under the hood tweaks and fixes specifically for the N4, which would explain the larger update size. The N4 also received the 4.2.2 update after the N10, N7, and Gnex, which again leads me to believe there was more to the N4 version. All speculation of course.

Reactions: malcster
Upvote 0
Tried a few times of the "Go to settings > apps > all apps > Google Services Framework - force stop then clear data, then re-check for update", without joy...
So tried a few more times & got it...updating this very minute..

"Installing system update..."

Loving the Animation too...
Optimising Apps...

Done.

UK...no difference noticed as yet

Upvote 0
Tried the trick. Now Google Play won't work. Every time I try to download an app I get an error message. "Error retrieving information from server".

That happened to me too. The first time I had to remove and add my Google account to fix it and the second time just turning off and on worked.

The trick worked for both my N4 and N10 this morning anyway, finally! I do like the new ability to toggle wifi and Bluetooth on and off.

This article shows all the minor changes
Getting To Know Android 4.2.2 - Many Extremely Tiny Changes, And An Android@Home Sighting!

Upvote 0
My only problem after the frameworks trick is that I can't download apps from Play Store on PC, just from the phone. Any ideas how to solve it?

Download apps from the phone...

Also, there is no reason to force it. It will hit your phone eventually. It's not even that great of an update. I few new sounds and some changes to the way app downloads display in the notifications is not enough to force the update.

Upvote 0
Doesn't that only work if you have an internet connection?

Yes and no. It does require you to be connected to access everything, but you also have the option to "download" songs to cache for offline usage. Plus the benefit is that it would be available on all your other android devices and not just the ones you manually loaded them onto.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones