• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone getting 4.2.2

I really wish I hadn't forced the update. The changes are nothing worth talking about and now my phone is jacked up.

What does "jacked up" mean, please? Seriously, I don't know what you mean by that term, but it seems negative somehow.

[edit]Ah, I see now that you are using an automotive metaphor, sorry. My mind is in an Android device mode when I'm in these forums.[/edit]

Upvote 0
Turning the phone off and on worked the second time this happened for me. First time I removed and re-added my Google account, that fixed it. Also try deleting Play Store data/cache.

I did rebooted my phone several times with no success. But today it's just working, did nothing else.

After I forced the update I was also not getting push notifications from several apps like facebook, facebook messenger and ebay. I lost some interesting bids on ebay because I didn't get the notifications when they were about to end. Finally solved this uninstalling and reinstalling those apps. I think twitter has the same problem but I barely use it so I don't mind.

Upvote 0
So there's been news that 4.2.2 has been released for Nexus devices. I'm wondering if anyone has got it for their Nexus 4? I assume that someone would post but thought I would ask.

I'm also wondering if it's carrier dependent? I assume no and the update comes directly form Google?
I got 4.2.2 ota on Saturday for nexus 4, and on Friday night for nexus 7. I'm in the UK.

Upvote 0
Followed the advice about clearing the Google Services Framework data and got the update as soon as I got back WiFI coverage on Friday.

Can't say I've noticed any difference other than the ability to turn the radios off from the notifications pull down.

Only took a couple of minutes to install which contrasted with my missus, who upgraded her new iP5 to iO6.1 and it took like half an hour .. and she wound up having to re-enter things like WiFi passwords about 3 times :)

Upvote 0
Don't know where this Bluetooth story has come from: I upgraded on Friday and on Sat I was taking calls via BT in my car so it's working fine for me.

From what I've read, this upgrade is pretty much all behind the scenes stuff - bug and security fixes, performance enhancements etc - so you shouldn't expect to actually see many differences however it is probably worth getting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones