• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone getting a dead pixel or two?

adammhaile

Lurker
Nov 9, 2009
I got my new Moto Droid on the day of release, which so far I absolutely love. However, I just looked at it and noticed that there was a single dead pixel in the top left corner. I wouldn't have even noticed it had it not been on the gray background of the top status bar... the rest of my wall paper is black so it would've been easy to miss.

Has anyone else experience dead pixel(s) on their new phone? I'm going to try to get it swapped out this afternoon...which I think they should do. It just makes me mad that I have too...

I have one bad pixel in the center of my screen. Really noticeable on anything with a white background. Between that and a recurring echo problem, I'll head to Big Red and swap it out for another. Probably wait another week or two for them to work through their 1st batch of phones. Other than those issues, the phone is a keeper.

Upvote 0
I have a stuck blue pixel. Got it Sunday, didn't notice it until today when I had an all black screen, but of course now that I know it's there I can see it on other non-white backgrounds. I tried some rgb.swf style videos but haven't ever heard of that working. Any other suggestions before I try and swap it for a new one?

Upvote 0
yep I just noticed it today after getting it on launch day.
a little white pixel kind of above the center and to the left a bit. thought it was a peice of dust (which it might be but its under the screen and wont move).
I got it from Best Buy and I have that special best buy 10 dollar insurance thing so i think i'm gonna go get a new one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones