• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Anyone getting "Incompatible Update" with certain apps in ESE ROMs?

vincentp

Android Expert
Nov 11, 2009
Rochester, NY
I think I may know why this is happening, but I don't feel like doing a full nandroid reinstall and losing my data before I ask.

I'm getting "incompatible update" errors when trying to reinstall Facebook and Mixzing. Now, I had those apps installed and working on my previous ERE25 based ROM, however, I was at the time using the Dark 24K theme, which modified them. When I went to ESE53, I didn't nandroid, I just used update.zip, and that of course reinstalled the stock theme, which may be causing the problem. It's not showing those two apps in my installed apps list. When I check them in the market, they show "installed", but I am able to redownload and reinstall them, I just get the error during install.

I used root explorer and tried to find the files for those two apps, but they don't seem to be anywhere. Anybody else run into this problem or know of a solution, or should I just do a nandroid restore of the full ROM?

I had this problem w/google maps at one point after an update.zip to ERE53.

Problem appeared to be that the app was in /system and the market is installing to /data.

Remove all traces of the existing installation of the app from my Droid and then the install from the marketplace went OK. I went into /System using Droid Root Explorer and searched on Map to find any related files....

Upvote 0
I had this problem w/google maps at one point after an update.zip to ERE53.

Problem appeared to be that the app was in /system and the market is installing to /data.

Remove all traces of the existing installation of the app from my Droid and then the install from the marketplace went OK. I went into /System using Droid Root Explorer and searched on Map to find any related files....

I had the same problem with maps. But as I noted, I hadn't wiped /data before doing the Nandroid. THat solved the problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones