Anyone getting "Incompatible Update" with certain apps in ESE ROMs?

Last Updated:

1. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I think I may know why this is happening, but I don't feel like doing a full nandroid reinstall and losing my data before I ask.

I'm getting "incompatible update" errors when trying to reinstall Facebook and Mixzing. Now, I had those apps installed and working on my previous ERE25 based ROM, however, I was at the time using the Dark 24K theme, which modified them. When I went to ESE53, I didn't nandroid, I just used update.zip, and that of course reinstalled the stock theme, which may be causing the problem. It's not showing those two apps in my installed apps list. When I check them in the market, they show "installed", but I am able to redownload and reinstall them, I just get the error during install.

I used root explorer and tried to find the files for those two apps, but they don't seem to be anywhere. Anybody else run into this problem or know of a solution, or should I just do a nandroid restore of the full ROM?

Advertisement
  2. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

I had this problem w/google maps at one point after an update.zip to ERE53.

Problem appeared to be that the app was in /system and the market is installing to /data.

Remove all traces of the existing installation of the app from my Droid and then the install from the marketplace went OK. I went into /System using Droid Root Explorer and searched on Map to find any related files....

3. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

I had the same problem with maps. But as I noted, I hadn't wiped /data before doing the Nandroid. THat solved the problem.

4. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks guys. I deleted every trace of the apps that I could possibly find, but still no luck. Guess I'm just gonna do a nandroid restore and wipe the data partition.

5. Stephen304

Stephen304 New Member

Exact same problem with facebook just now on CM 11 - Used CM file manager to search root for "katana" (the app package name) and deleted 2 files in dalvic cache. Installs perfect from the play store.

Edit: WHOOPS. Sorry for the necropost... Nevertheless, I hope this is helpful to someone.

6. teddyearp

teddyearp Well-Known Member

Stephen304, not even sure that your post is relevant to this thread as CM11 was never released for the Motorola A855/Droid 1.

But on another note, man I miss the Dark 24k theme . . . . . it rocked!