• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

anyone getting rid of there triumph?

so virgin mobile now has the evo 4g and will be getting the iPhone 4s at the end of june... just kinda wanted to see what people thought about them and if anyone is gonna be leaving the triumph behind for one or the other...me personally Im gonna be getting the iphone...can't beat the $30 a month plan for an iphone.

so virgin mobile now has the evo 4g and will be getting the iPhone 4s at the end of june... just kinda wanted to see what people thought about them and if anyone is gonna be leaving the triumph behind for one or the other...me personally Im gonna be getting the iphone...can't beat the $30 a month plan for an iphone.

No only people with a lot of cash in their pockets or people they like to follow trends...:D
Of course the Triumph, just like the Optimus will be eventually stop to being manufactured

Upvote 0
I think that the triumph is still a good phone for the money. I don't really know anyone that has a droid that isn't in some way glitchy. The apple may be overall smoother, but androids can still do all the same basic things at a better price, and now I'm hooked in that bigger screen. I also like the various roms. I've gone through three or four and each one makes the phone better. I like my triumph :-D

Upvote 0
I think that the triumph is still a good phone for the money. I don't really know anyone that has a droid that isn't in some way glitchy. The apple may be overall smoother, but androids can still do all the same basic things at a better price, and now I'm hooked in that bigger screen. I also like the various roms. I've gone through three or four and each one makes the phone better. I like my triumph :-D

you right but i have had three triumphs neither lasted more than three months the roms helped but then there's the new phone phase and the promise of this and this being better factor.

Upvote 0
I jumped ship last week, but away from VM in total, I'm keeping my MT because it grew on me so much haha and I want to get into dev work..

Evo 4g that vm has I can see some people migrating to being its the same cost the the MT started at but the predicted prices that I have heard are just too high for the iPhone, and I do not see many people jumping from android to apple with such a major price difference.

Upvote 0
I probably will, but not for a while. I am currently on the grandfathered $25 plan and the monthly costs just can't be beat. I would like the new Evo, but if my plan is going to go up to $35 a month, why not just chip in the extra $5 with simple mobile and get unlimited everything and a larger choice of phones (plus a used market to buy from).

I was hoping they would do the $30 auto-pay thing for the Evo like they are for the iPhone, but from the looks of things they aren't going to.

Upvote 0
Haha you are a crazy person. I wouldn't be buying the iPhone 4S at a price of 560++ and i believe they have the 30 dollar plan for when u have set up automatic pay because the phone is so pricey. But i will be selling my triumph for the Evo V 4G. Im just waiting for the Virgin Branded phones to come out.

Upvote 0
Haha you are a crazy person. I wouldn't be buying the iPhone 4S at a price of 560++ and i believe they have the 30 dollar plan for when u have set up automatic pay because the phone is so pricey. But i will be selling my triumph for the Evo V 4G. Im just waiting for the Virgin Branded phones to come out.

Iphone 4 is 550
Iphone 4s is 650
:D:p

Upvote 0
In areas like mine (OKC) that don't have sprint 4g (WiMax) the network is taking a serious beating. Adding more android devices and the iPhone to Boost and VM will only make it worse. I was already averaging between 100-200 kbs. I can't imagine it getting much worse for a modern smartphone user.

I switched to T-Mobile and the difference has been insane. First test comparison I did: 150 VM, 7000+ TM. Not even close who wins. I'm not going back.

Upvote 0
Lol haha well same thing, But to be honest if i was going to get the iPhone go to Sprint. It has better prices and u can do the 79.99 a month for EVERYTHING.

Just think.. iPhone 4 is 99.99
iPhone 4S is 199.99
399.99 (total Gigs differs the price) :D

Yes but you can get the $55 for everything on Virgin and pay the cost difference on the phone in 16 months and end up paying $150 less overall in the course of 24 months for the 16 gig model I believe.

Upvote 0
No only people with a lot of cash in their pockets or people they like to follow trends...:D
Of course the Triumph, just like the Optimus will be eventually stop to being manufactured

They're firesaling them already. $220 new on VM's website, and I saw even cheaper deals at Target and Radio Shack. I can still buy a freaking intercept but no more Triumphs are being shipped out. They've written it off.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones