• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone getting the new LG Optimus L70 from Metro?

PHP87

Android Enthusiast
Nov 30, 2012
A Burger King bathroom...
Same specs as the LG Spirit, but runs KK 4.4

Best part is that it's free after rebates.

$149.00, then an instant $100 rebate, then a $49 MIR
You still have to pay taxes on the $149.00, but this looks like a great deal.

Pretty much the same phone as the LG Spirit, but it has KitKat 4.4 and a few other bells and whistles.

LG Optimus L70 | LG Phones | Android Phones | No Contract | MetroPCS | MetroPCS

Likely a GSM phone as it is 4G but not 4GLTE

Thinking about making the move and selling the old faithful LG Spirit on eBay.

I will also make money on the deal as well although I will have to wait 3 months for the MIR, which is no big deal.

But I'm very attached to my LG Spirit and can't bear to part with it, so I will likely keep it for another year if it's still supported and all indications are that it will be.

Even though the Optimus has KitKat 4.4
I've seen 4.4and it's not all that special.

But this is coming from someone that had to have WXP pried from my cold, not yet dead hands.

This is what I'm seeing with the L70, Personally I think the F6 is closer to the Spirit (as I sadly and reluctantly was forced to retire mine and move to it.)

All LG's that Metro is selling right now gives you 1.3GB (don't quote me on that, just from what I've seen) shared App/User storage opposed to the 4GB that you have on the Spirit.

The L70 has the same size screen yet a smaller resolution: 480x800 as opposed to 540x960 (qHD) the F6 has the same qHD resolution and size.

The Spirit was underspeced for it's Dual-Core it's true speed is 1.5Ghz Dual where the F6 & L70 (Untested) probably both run at the quoted 1.2Ghz Dual

The L70 does not appear to be an LTE phone as well, both the Spirit and the F6 are.

KitKat is simply a version of Android, if there's features specific to KitKat that you're looking for I suppose go for it but all it really is, is an OS, far from enhancing anything on a hardware level.

To summarize everything, I loved my LG Spirit, I was forced to retire it because I got a little upset one day and took it out on the poor thing. I had to replaced the LCD which I did no problem, but the issues built up on a hardware scale. It lost it's ability to make and hear noise, is frugal about connecting to towers and will no longer process videos (Audio Processing, Video Decoding and cellular issues.) After my decision to get the F6 I wish I had simply used the money to find the part needed to fix it.
My honest opinion is to keep and love your Spirit, it was the best LG they've offered. Yes my F6 has NFC, limited IR, a fun little notification LED, plus makes it a little easier to share between PC <-> Phone but after taking everything into consideration I would love to have my Spirit back.

(Mainly because I'm on the $40 plan and after I used my 500MB I would lock my phone to 3G [EVDO] and get 150kb/s+ U/D)

PS: The MIR is only valid if you port your number from another Non MetroPCS provider (found that out the hard way too.)

Hope I'm not too late. :eek:

Attachments

• MetroAprilMIRdetail.png
    MetroAprilMIRdetail.png
    43.8 KB · Views: 117
Reactions: PHP87
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones