Anyone giving these away free,.01, or .99?

Last Updated:

1. joesbar

joesbar Member This Topic's Starter

I've used Amazon for the last three years on all my family plan phones (except my wife's Iphone). I'm looking to get a Captivate, but the lowest I found was $89 from Amazon. Looks like great things are being said about this phone, but free, or almost free is always better. Thanks.

I saw the Walmart freebie, but looks like it's over, or was a mistake to begin with.

Advertisement
  2. kidsavior

kidsavior Well-Known Member

the $89 Amazon price is for new subscribers only. If you have an existing plan the cost would be $164 or so. The best price for an existing AT&T customer that I have found is Walmart.com $99-

3. Evrcl

Evrcl Member

I was able to get AT&T to match the Walmart price of 99 so I bought it directly from them.

4. kidsavior

Wow, how did you manage that? Was it at a Store or from Customer Service?

5. Evrcl

Evrcl Member

I called 1-800-331-0500 For AT&T wireless.

6. sparker366

sparker366 Well-Known Member

LetsTalk.com has the phone for 99. They will screw you for the data pkg but if you are grandfathered then ATT CS will put it back on for you. They don't charge tax and ship next day.

7. Red03SVT

Red03SVT Member

Just print out the $99 from Wal-Mart's site and take it to Best Buy. They matched for me no problem.

8. frizzlefry

frizzlefry Member

I tried... no go. The line is "we do not match 3rd party prices". They'll match their own AT&T online store prices but that's it.

9. frizzlefry

frizzlefry Member

Tried that as well yesterday. Guy showed me from their website that they do not price match promotional discounts at other stores. It could be that the print out I had an end date of 7/26. Now LetsTalk does not show an end date. I may need to try this again.

I tried and it was a no go. Stated they do not price match 3rd party retailers.

10. kidsavior

Where do you live? I have asked at two Best buys and both pulled up Walmarts website and said they would match the price no problem. I'd ask to speak to a manager or call corp.