1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Anyone good in Photoshop?

1. Mehta23

Mehta23 Guides Guide

So I recently managed to get my hands on some Photoshop goodness , and it's an amazing tool...when in the hands of the right person.

I'm having trouble in trying to remove some objects of this particular image- it has lots of things behind the persons head , and that big baby holding thing. whatever that's called :p

Can anyone give guidance on what to do ?

Advertisement
    :
    Rico ANDROID likes this.
  2. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

so u want to get rid of the remote and pacifier and the baby holding thing (not really sure what its called ether lol) but keep the flag, blinds, and couch right?
  3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Here's what I'd do. Using the polygonal lasso tool ...

[​IMG]

I'd select the area behind her head tight to the hair but leaving plenty of room around objects (remote/pacifier). I'd then feather the selection (select>modify>feather) by 1 pixel just to soften the hair edge ... hair can be tricky.

Then I'd use the clone stamp with a soft brush to pick up adjacent tones of the upholstery to "erase" the items within the selection.

As for the baby carrier (that's what they call those things) I'd just crop it out. That much couch really isn't important to the image.

My $.02 ... keep the change ;)
    Mehta23 likes this.
  4. Mehta23

Mehta23 Guides Guide

Yeah, I think so. But as the post above says, I could easily crop out the sofa.
  5. Mehta23

Mehta23 Guides Guide

Another thing , I went and took lots of pictures with my JVC Camcorder (actually a 0.2MP) and then realised that everything was grainy.

Anything that can be done?

edit: for anyone reading, the mixer brush tool/ camera raw filter work great
  6. Mehta23

Mehta23 Guides Guide

I'm back :p

Any idea how (or if it's possible) to move the piece of jewelry on the head here? Just want to try and centre it/ move it slightly to the right.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  7. Bearsyzf

Bearsyzf Well-Known Member

I say look up RicoAndroid , he's usually in the Undead thread :D

he's the Photoshop King .
    Rico ANDROID and Mehta23 like this.
  8. Rico ANDROID

Rico ANDROID Well-Known Member

Bearszy my buddy! Lets get Metha over in the Den! Its feeding time!

Hey Mehta23. Paste a copy of the pic here or email me a xopy. I tried downloading it from my phone and no go. I can get a copy from my computer and send it back. What you want is easy!

And hey JEFF!
  9. Rico ANDROID

Hey Meha23. Did you want the pic in the link with the swirled face updated or one without the swirled face? I got a copy of the swirled and will PM you with the result
  10. Mehta23

Mehta23 Guides Guide

Does that mean I've been bitten?
    Rico ANDROID likes this.
  11. Rico ANDROID

12. Mehta23

Mehta23 Guides Guide

You weren't joking - he's :censored: brilliant!
    Rico ANDROID likes this.
  13. Rico ANDROID

Hey, thank y0u @Mehta23! Oh just an fyi, the "kind people" over in The Den - Fine Cuisines said "someone " skipped out on Dinner, they said they would like to have you back again.....
  14. sfbloodbrother

sfbloodbrother Well-Known Member

I took a Photoshop class in high school only to learn I have no artistic talent.
  15. Mehta23

Mehta23 Guides Guide

I don't think I do either. It's still a good tool for photo edits (slimming, removing unwanted objects/people/marks etc)
  16. sfbloodbrother

sfbloodbrother Well-Known Member

Gimp can do that. I know gimp better than Photoshop and I took a class in Photoshop...
    Rico ANDROID likes this.
  17. Rico ANDROID

Awwe, i bet you are good.
  18. stevealbright

stevealbright Developer Administrator

Here is a good summary of what you can do: Adobe Photoshop * Adjusting pixel selections

I would personally try to manually trace with the pen tool and then once its selected pretty close to perfect I would use Select - Refine Edge to tweak to perfection.
    Rico ANDROID likes this.
  19. Rico ANDROID

I like that @steve, very good reference!
  20. Rico ANDROID

@Mehta23... ever tell you that's one of my fav avatars!

[​IMG]
  21. desktop

desktop Well-Known Member

Me and Photoshop have the same DNA. What ya need?
  22. desktop

desktop Well-Known Member

If you would like to see some of the artwork I have done I have included some examples in one of my Flickr sets here. I have a folio website, but unfortunately I haven't worked in a while and so I was unable to renew the domain.
  23. Mehta23

Mehta23 Guides Guide

The best thing is that I actually edited that (added in the background) in Photoshop :p
    Rico ANDROID likes this.