• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone good in Photoshop?

Mehta23

Android Expert
Nov 28, 2011
England,UK
gadgetblur.com
So I recently managed to get my hands on some Photoshop goodness , and it's an amazing tool...when in the hands of the right person.

I'm having trouble in trying to remove some objects of this particular image- it has lots of things behind the persons head , and that big baby holding thing. whatever that's called :p

Can anyone give guidance on what to do ?

Reactions: Rico ANDROID
Here's what I'd do. Using the polygonal lasso tool ...

Use_the_Polygonal_Lasso_tool_001.png

I'd select the area behind her head tight to the hair but leaving plenty of room around objects (remote/pacifier). I'd then feather the selection (select>modify>feather) by 1 pixel just to soften the hair edge ... hair can be tricky.

Then I'd use the clone stamp with a soft brush to pick up adjacent tones of the upholstery to "erase" the items within the selection.

As for the baby carrier (that's what they call those things) I'd just crop it out. That much couch really isn't important to the image.

My $.02 ... keep the change ;)

Reactions: Mehta23
Upvote 0
I say look up RicoAndroid , he's usually in the Undead thread :D

he's the Photoshop King .

Bearszy my buddy! Lets get Metha over in the Den! Its feeding time!

Hey Mehta23. Paste a copy of the pic here or email me a xopy. I tried downloading it from my phone and no go. I can get a copy from my computer and send it back. What you want is easy!

And hey JEFF!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones