1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone had any problems with Vlingo?

Last Updated:

1. admile3

admile3 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I come from the world of Blackberry, and I remember Vlingo having about as many (memory) leaks as a sieve. Now that I'm on Android, I'm wondering if there are any inherent problems with Vlingo? Has anyone had a problem with it keeping the phone from sleeping? Or any other mentionable problems?

I'm coming up on my 24 hrs with it, and so far it seems solid, but I'm wanting to know if there are things that might not have yet cropped up before I let my $10 go to it.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

I had a problem with the keyboard when switching to landscape mode at times. Only happened when Vlingo was installed, heard others that mentioned the same thing. That was from an .apk download though, probably a few builds ago.

3. Squiggy

Squiggy Well-Known Member

I've had it installed for several weeks and have used it probably 5 or 6 times. Haven't had any issues so far. It has worked as expected.

4. Androidnoid

Androidnoid New Member

Just got it but I can't use the program due to a "can't connect to server" error. I'm using a good wifi connection that works and a very strong signal. Very frustrating!

5. betterment66

betterment66 New Member

omg im so pissed i avtually won a vlingo license on a contest on androidpolce.com and they sent me the key to activate it and it keeps saying that it cant validate my copy, can someone help!!!

6. smooches680

smooches680 Member

I am a beta tester for the vlingo beta android i received the email tuesday to click on the application and to download. But it wont allow me to key in the activation code. It keeps bringing me to the paid version. WHat can i do to use it? i keep uninstalling and re-insalling and same old thing. Please help me download the beta version.