Anyone had the mystical black screen problem?

Last Updated:

1. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've had this problem a few times with previous ROMs. It's never anything persistent, it just happens once in a great while.

Basically what happens is - while the phone is on - the screen stays black. When you try to power on the screen with the power button, the lock screen never comes up, but it's clear the phone is still on, because I can still hear notifications, it vibrates, etc. I even sent myself a few test messages and a call to test it. The incoming call - by the way - turns the screen back on, but nothing else does. Usually it requires a battery pull to reset.

Any idea what causes this or how to go about avoiding it? I think it may have something to do with my overclocking speed, but I can't figure it out for sure. I've always used 1000-1100 with no problems.

Advertisement
  2. SirVilhelm

SirVilhelm Well-Known Member

I've had it stock and on multiple roms and never found a solution. I see this topic come up every once in a while and no solutions seem to surface. I do however want to note that I haven't seen this since going to 2.2.