Anyone have a 2.1 rom that has minimal flaws?

Last Updated:

1. Toyzruskid1976

Toyzruskid1976 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have tried no less than a half a dozen 2.1 roms in the past 5 days. I keep bouncing from rom to rom to rom and keep running into issues.

Syncs not working, contacts not pulling FB pictures, market not working (able to fix though), text not visible on the contacts page, force closing on apps, battery drains, MMS not working, location not working, weather showing wrong city

Anyone find one that they're happy with? Just taking a general concensus... I've had Beezy420.1 on mine for the past 24 hours, and I will admit I can't seem to break it thus far. Just curious if anyone has had any experience with the latest releases from the past 24 hours.

Advertisement
  2. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

DamageControl 1.0 has minimal issues, but doesn't have facebook friendstream. Everything else seems to work on it.

3. Bennyhill

Bennyhill Well-Known Member

Another Vote for DamageControl 1.0

I don't really use the facebook sync so for me it is a pretty complete and working ROM. Phone rairly has any crashes battery life is pretty good and everything is mostly smooth.
    It is worth it if only for the Google Nav. Now if we could just get Google Earth working I'd be pretty happy.

4. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

To be completely honest with you, I ran Damage Control v1 with minimal issues. The only real problem I had with it, was the facebook sync. It wouldn't always sync my contacts and their pictures with facebook. This wasn't that big of a deal for me, but I eventually went back to Fresh 1.1 with GCK.

I've tried a lot of different ROM's; Both 1.5 and 2.1. Each one is nice and a good look into what is coming, but for a daily 100% stable, great battery life, great performance ROM, I keep coming back to Fresh 1.1 with GCK.

This is of course, just my personal opinion/experience.

The DEV's are doing great work with 2.1 and I am sure I will continue to test them out :)

5. g0tr00t

g0tr00t Well-Known Member

I'm with ccapasso, although I have not tried any of the 2.1's. I just need a stable consistent ROM like Fresh's 1.1. Little things like alarm not working, market not working, "I" need. Some don't, but "I" do. So I am just impatiently waiting for Sprint's final release then the dev's rework of the final.

6. stevedave

stevedave Well-Known Member

I am in the same boat. I just can't bring myself to leave the stability and better battery life. I keep thinking I am going to give one of the 2.1 ROMs a try and then I see all the work arounds required. I don't want to have to piece things together just to make it usable for daily use. Hopefully Sprint gets its act together and release it so we can just have an optimized version.

7. chocmatic

chocmatic Well-Known Member

You can try one of the ones on my site ...I modified damages 1.0 ROM to my liking etc. The newer 2.1 roms seem to have a lot of issues as u stated.

8. dgrobe2112

dgrobe2112 Well-Known Member Contributor

i am using fresh 2.0, and i have no problems with battery life, or anything..

9. xxwckdxx

xxwckdxx Well-Known Member

Darchlegend in my opinion ive used fresh...damage..etc darch works the best

10. shahrukh817

shahrukh817 Member

Fresh 2.0b for me. Better battery life than others IMO

11. uminchu

uminchu Well-Known Member

12. SeanFL

SeanFL Member

The latest work from Fresh, Regaw, and Damage are all excellent with minimal issues (all based on the 2nd sprint leak 4/1/10).

If you're using something older than 4/2, try the new ones. They have been running great! Sean

13. g0tr00t

g0tr00t Well-Known Member

I'm waiting to see how the new fresh works with the alarm, battery, market, etc...THEN...dun, dun, dun...

I am waiting for choc to do his thing :D

14. chocmatic

Almost ready...need to clean out a couple more things. I'm testing it right now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

New kb
    [​IMG]

15. chocmatic

First post on my blog has my edited version of damages new rom. I'm hoping to work on a gray theme this weekend. www.chocmatic.net

16. MikeMcG

MikeMcG Well-Known Member

I was using DarchLegend 4.2.2 with very little issues. Since today, I'm on Fresh 2.0d No issues whatsoever. Really fast too.

17. bizarrogreg

bizarrogreg Well-Known Member

Fresh 2.0d here. Haven't had any issues.

18. bobr0949

bobr0949 Well-Known Member

DamageControl 2.0 only issue is paid apps in Market.
    I switched to Fresh 2.0d also based on Sprint 2.1 leak and have had no issues.
    Market works fine.
    Camera working for both still and vodeo.

19. aclark414

aclark414 Well-Known Member

Is anyone experiencing the audio issues with the Fresh 2.0b,c, or d rom? Actually, I have this issue on every 2.1 rom I've loaded. I even tried the fix for Fresh, but still did not work. Everything else runs SO well. Kinda bummed about this.

20. LWNda3rd

LWNda3rd Active Member

Choc has the best roms, in my opinion...I am running his 2.1, ever since he posted it on his site, and for me, the facebook sync works, with photos and everything...his 1.5 roms are also sweet as I used them also...I look forward to what else he has in store for us...

Keep it up, Choc!!!

21. DFRESH

DFRESH Well-Known Member

I been running Fresh 2.0d since the day it came out ...NO ISSUES AT ALL..

22. chocmatic

what's up peeps? sorry...I have been a tad bit busy after work. So, I haven't had a chance to clean up the two roms (based off of damageless and flipz rom) I was working on over the weekend. Hopefully, tomorrow I will finally have some time to do so.

23. meangreengdub

meangreengdub Well-Known Member

Is the facebook sync working on 2.0d? I think I must have got an older version of DC's because the Facebook sync didn't work.

24. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

Yes FB sync is working on Fresh 2.0d. It did take a while to sync up, but it works. If all else fails, remove your FB account then re-add it again.

25. RetiredFinally

RetiredFinally Well-Known Member

Smooth and fast, not had one error.